Dropzone Commander Video Bat Rep #5 PHR vs UCM

praetorian

Rich from Greenstuff Industries takes his newly painted PHR army out against Reecius’ UCM in this 1500pt game on the new Urban Zone F.A.T. Mat, designed for DzC!

23 Responses to “Dropzone Commander Video Bat Rep #5 PHR vs UCM”

1. FM December 19, 2014 12:30 am

Nice report.
    Couple back seat comments;

Can’t fire longbows and dust off in the same turn, or any unit for that matter, well except units coming out of hover craft.

Not sure when T5 started, but SIRENS could not move the turn they were in cqb, even if they won. But ti was hard to tell when T4 ended and T5 started.

I just found this out @ Renegade, take a look at the FM rules, becasue when you interecpt it does not count as an activation. So if you can hold that intcepting FM until the end. You can intercept, then activated on your impluse. Interesting little cavat p47 2nd paragraph. Makes FM sweet arse if they have AA.

Can’t wait for the next BR.

Reecius December 19, 2014 11:12 am

Yeah, good catch on the Longbows, I goofed that one.

Huh, so you are saying you can intercept with a FM and then activate them as well? Holy crap if true.

• Crisp Mini December 19, 2014 11:56 am

will have to check out that page number when I get the chance

Reecius December 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Damn, you’re right! They can intercept AND activate normally…wow! Never saw that. Archangels are much more appealing, now.

• Egge December 21, 2014 9:52 am

Sorry guys but after an intercept you can not activate again the same turn. Read step 6 on the Interceptor rules.

Reecius December 21, 2014 12:34 pm

It’s the part that says they can intercept in addition to their normal activation that makes it confusing.

• Erik Robertsson December 22, 2014 4:16 am

There are still several “child deceases” in this game (directly translated from a swedish saying – don’t know i you have the same expression in english) so DZC has several of these contradictory rules. Though I feel the intent is clear in this case. 🙂

• Crisp Mini December 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks Egge, just got back to my book and you are correct. Thought it was odd.

• FM December 22, 2014 4:51 pm

My bad, helped if I read all the rules in that section.
          Thx 4 the correction Sir.

• Erik Robertsson December 23, 2014 1:51 am

I played the first 10 games or so before we realized you may reactive fire against normal dropships and not only against FM 😀

2. Crisp Mini December 19, 2014 9:16 am

awesome, more DZC content! Thank you kindly!

I am away from home so I cannot check in my book, but a few questions.

At one point you try to bring the Seraphim on and roll a 1, and then go on to activate a different BG instead. I thought it went more, declaration of Fleet BG activation then roll. Since you activated your Fleet BG your turn is then done. This is how I’ve been playing it at least.

The other thing, which I am less unsure about as I have no personally used template weapons much, is when the nanomachines of the hades shot at the praetorians. It was done a base to base basis, but they are the same squad? Are the DP then consolidated as they are a squad? I would have thought it was done on a per squad basis, rather than base, but as I said, I have little experience with template weapons vs infantry (but Free riders have already changed that, need to finish my drake).

• Crisp Mini December 19, 2014 9:18 am

bah, don’t see an edit button. last paragraph, first sentence:
      “The other thing, which I am less *sure* about…”

• Rich with GSI December 19, 2014 9:30 am

We spent a bunch of time figuring out the template weapon vs guys on the wall. The way we read it is that you can hit a squad on the wall but can only ever do damage to a single base per hit scored. But, once you hit the base as a whole, you score 2d6 hits on the guys on the base. So basically, you have to roll a hit on the general area the guys are in and then if you score that hit, you pretty much do 2d6 DP to any single base. Second to last paragraph on p40 of rule book 1. A flame weapon is far more effective as scoring that first hit against snipers is pretty hard (I got lucky rolling a 6, which is what I needed).

• Crisp Mini December 19, 2014 11:55 am

Cool, thanx guys for the responses. As I mentioned I haven’t used templates much myself so will have to brush up beforehand. Extra ups for the page number!

Reecius December 19, 2014 12:19 pm

It is brutal vs. Infantry at the walls.

Reecius December 19, 2014 11:28 am

I think you are right on the FM topic, I have been playing that wrong, I think.

As for blasts vs. Infantry in a building, it is specifically to the base, not the squad.

3. Novastar December 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Do the models snap fit to the drop ships or do you need to magnatize?

Reecius December 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Some snap fit, others sort of do, but work better with magnets.

• Novastar December 20, 2014 12:25 am

Ya I’m on the fence about getting into the game with a PHR box

• TinBane December 20, 2014 12:39 am

Alternatively, don’t put the models on the dropship, just put one on the base to show the contents… 🙂

Reecius December 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Yeah, that’s what I do.

• Hadrian December 20, 2014 10:46 am

P.H.R. and Resistance require magnetization to hold fast to their dropships. UCM sort of snap fit and Scourge typically slide into place with little issue (barring Harbingers). There are a number of magnetization guides that you can find online.

That said, the game is a ton of fun and the buy-in is really cheap with the plastic starters.

Reecius December 21, 2014 12:32 pm