signals from the Frontline

Show Notes

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at or visit our webstore at

• Blood Angels are up for pre-order! Get your order in to And, you know what this means, pre-order special! From now till the product is releases, December 13th, if you order any of the new Blood Angels items, we take an extra 5% off of your order! Some items are excluded from this though, such as F.A.T. Mats and most miniatures cases. We will let you know if your order contains any items not subject to the extra discount. The new Tactical Squad box looks fantastic.
  • The LVO is a Crystal Brush qualifier in addition to the Draconic Awards and the Hobby Seminars we will be having.
  • The Dark prince, Night Haunter is revealed and WOW.

• Smaug is flippin giant!
  • X-Wing Shows off the new releases, the Decimator and the YT Freighter.

decimator yt freighter

• TGITG show off the 13th release for stores, the Lulus.

• Last Saga shows off some awesome new renders. These guys have been sculpting some cool stuff.

last saga 1 last saga 2

• Pathfinder talks about the new gaming module, the Emerald Spire, a super dungeon built by a team of talented RPG writers and GMs. It can take a party from level 1 to 13. They also show off the new comic line, orgins, published by Dynamite, about the iconic characters in the books. The first one focuses on Valeros.

emerald spire

pathfinder comic

• Amazing Karigan sculpture.

queen of blades

• Fallen Frontiers shows off some of their minis.

005 010

• New miniatures company Siren Miniatures, shows off their new stuff.

siren siren

Upcoming ITC Events

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

•  Sanguinary Guard can go up to 10 models per unit and will be getting a bit cheaper and gain Furious Charge.
  • DC and DC Dread apparently down to WS4, loses Fleet, gets 6 attacks on the charge. DC apparently 20ppm, +5 for the jump pack.
  • New BA Termie kit that makes Honor Guard and normal Termies with new looking weapons like over-sized chainfists and souped up Stormbolters and Assault Cannons.

Rant Session

•  There was a rumor about the Endtimes in Fantasy occurring in 40k with Primarchs returning, the Emperor finally dying, etc. It was all baloney and something taken the wrong way said by Graham McNeil.

Tactics Corner

•  Kranon’s Helguard Formation looks pretty decent. The formation is specifically a Chaos Lord, a unit of Chosen, a unit of Terminators, a unit of Raptors, a Land Raider, a Helbrute, and two units of Chaos Cultists. For taking this formation, the units gain the Fear and Stubborn Special Rules. Additionally they have a rule, Swarm of Phantasms, which forces enemy units within 12″ of a unit to suffer -1 to their leadership. If two or more units from the formation are within 12″, the enemy unit also suffers -1 to their Ballistic Skill.

Rules Lawyer

Completed Commissions

Bill.SpaceWolves22 Bill.SpaceWolves21 Bill.SpaceWolves16 Bill.SpaceWolves13 Bill.SpaceWolves8 Bill.SpaceWolves7 Bill.SpaceWolves6 Bill.SpaceWolves5 Bill.SpaceWolves4 Bill.SpaceWolves3 Bill.SpaceWolves1

List Review

14 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Comedy!”

1. Hotsauceman1 December 6, 2014 12:42 pm

I say we call it a “Frankieism” Whenever he mispronounces a word.

Reecius December 6, 2014 12:56 pm

Lol, I like that!

• Novastar December 6, 2014 5:55 pm

Turn it into a drinking game lol

• Hotsauceman1 December 6, 2014 6:59 pm

I dont want to die

2. Logan December 6, 2014 8:47 pm

Man, I just saw the Gaming Mayhem videos about the BTP issue. Glad you guys offered to help. The lack of communication, the failed deadlines, and then the poorly written reply emails was just to much for me. What really sucks is the fact that he gives up dealing with BTP, I have been in those situations when trying to get something resolved in other matters, and giving up after the 3rd or 4th failed attempt, I really felt for him on that

3. TinBane December 7, 2014 3:18 pm

Loving the Night Haunter model! I’ve come around to the lightning claw blades, somehow they look more menacing and cruel. Also, he has short blades on his fingertips.

Like all the primarchs though, you need a top paint job to show the model off and make it look it’s best.

Reecius December 7, 2014 3:55 pm

Yeah, if you can’t paint this thing well, or have a way to get it painted well, it really won’t shine the way it should.

• TinBane December 7, 2014 4:28 pm

What’s FLG’s top tier? Tier 3?
        Pretty sure you need one for the “studio” army, Reece, to show what your boys can do 😛

Reecius December 7, 2014 5:01 pm

My Night Lords looks really good, I just never play them because the rules are so awful.

And out top level for single models is level 4, it’s pretty outstanding.

• TinBane December 7, 2014 5:37 pm

What level are the space wolves?
            And which artist did it? I really like the bronzework on the dreadnough (venerable?).

• Julien December 7, 2014 9:28 pm

Hey man, there are always the 30k Legion Rules ;D

• TinBane December 7, 2014 4:30 pm

When Sevatar gets released, I’m definitely going to order him and the Night Haunter, and get them painted up. I don’t think I’d have the nerve to do the model justice though, and I REALLY need to work on my skills painting faces. I reckon A night haunter with a badly painted face would ruin the effect!

4. nimrod451 December 8, 2014 9:23 am

Ferrus is still my favorit! – I’m hoping to by one and have the studio do it up for me pretty some point. I feel if I’m going to spend that much money on a single model, I should have someone with more artistic integrity/ability paint it.

.. the Kurze figure is amazing though – even if I feel he’s reprehensible as a Primarch..heh..

Also – props on what you guys are doing for that Chaos Dwarf Army. I don’t want to weigh in on anything else other than you guys continue to be good for the community, and helping people out.

5. iNcontroL December 9, 2014 8:41 am