What’s good Frontline, Simon and Olly here from 40KBrawl! hot on the tail of our last video bringing you a practice match for the first big GT of 2015 here in the UK.

This game sees Matt with his ever popular Serpent spam VS myself and the Hive Fleet Nightmare. I’m going balls to the wall and taking full advantage of all the new releases including the new Leviathan detachment, double Tyrannocytes and even Mucolids!

Lists are in the video (and below for those who want to go back to them), the mission is the round 1 match-up from the Caledonian rule pack: Primary is Big Guns Never Tire with 5 objectives. Secondary is Maelstrom – Tactical Escalation and Tertiary is a combo of First Strike*, Warlord and Line-breaker.

*First strike is First Blood for both players if they manage to kill an enemy unit in their first turns.

Please enjoy!

5 Dire Avengers –Wave Serpant, Scatter Laser, Holo fields

5 Wraith guard -D-scythes, Wave Serpant, Scatter laser

Fire Prism
Fire Prism
Fire Prism

About Simon

Twenty twee, based in the South West of the UK and Do-er of 40kBrawl!

17 Responses to “40k Brawl! Video Bat Rep 1850 Caledonian Uprising 2015 Practice Match :Tyranids Vs Eldar”

1. Jonny Eklund November 26, 2014 5:28 am

That eldar list! ;I

• Simon November 26, 2014 10:58 am

It’s nasty man! a real tough cookie to crack.

2. iNcontroL November 26, 2014 6:51 am

Couple things: you don’t consolidate after killing a vehicle (dima assaulted a wave serpent) and the Malanthrope doesn’t have 5 attacks on the charge unless I’m very mistaken… Also at strength 5 it would need back armor on a wave serpent and I believe they hanged the rules where you don’t auto hit back armor anymore. GG and I always love seeing the nid armies in action 🙂

• jamie November 26, 2014 10:48 am

maybe he knows and hes just a cheating fecker one 2 watch and avoid I think

• Simon November 26, 2014 10:57 am

I totally thought the Malan had 4 base attacks so my hands are up and I admit that was a boo boo on my behalf. I also didn’t know you couldn’t consolidate after destroying a vehicle so that’s cool to learn. Cheers Geoff, you’re the man who got me into playing Nids so I appreciate your feedback.

Jamie… you are very pleasant.

3. tag November 26, 2014 7:25 am

You still hit back armor on anything that isn’t a walker, but you are correct about the number of attacks, and consolidation.

• Simon November 26, 2014 7:54 am

eeehehehehe naughty me!

4. iNcontroL November 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Cheers Simon 🙂 happy to have helped another find themselves with the great devourer 🙂

Ah good to know about the back armor thing! I must have assumed then change to walkers was all vehicles.

• Jural November 26, 2014 11:11 pm

It’s been that way for walkers as long as I can remember,,, maybe you are thinking of hammer of wrath?

• jy2
      Jy2 November 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Geoff’s been fighting too many Necron bargelords. 😉

• AbusePuppy November 27, 2014 11:42 am

What sort of monster would field something like that!??!

>.>

5. AbusePuppy November 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Just as a point of note, since the video wasn’t clear: remember that when using Sacrifice (not Summoning, as was stated) you must do a wound to a FRIENDLY model. When the Farseer casts it you can jab one of the Dire Avengers in the face, but when the Herald casts it you cannot (and thus must do the wound to himself.)

6. DCannon4Life November 27, 2014 7:06 am

Regarding vehicles and close combat: Hammer of Wrath hits are automatic, but hit the armor facing that the model is in. Vehicles are hit on 3’s provided they moved in the previous turn (and are not immobilized). All hits vs. non-walker vehicles are made against rear armor. Additionally, if you have different initiative steps involved and the vehicle suffers an ‘immobilized’ result early on, the rest of the attacks hit automatically.

There are a few other rules that are important, but rarely come up. These are the ones that come up most often in my own games.

• RoockieBoy November 27, 2014 8:36 pm

You don’t need to move your vehicle in order to be hit on 3’s. It’s always on 3’s unless you’re immobilised.

7. Jake November 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Awesome BR!!!

• Simon November 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks Jake!

8. NickW December 2, 2014 1:40 pm

You can’t use a summon unit power with a unit that was itself just summoned that turn. Just FYI.