Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #254 Astra Militarum vs Ultramarines

L-13-Roboute the Firm-deskttop

Raw Dogger busts out an Ultramarines list with Inquisition allies vs. Reecius’ Astra Militarum and Dark Angels Ogrynstar list! Check out the Tactics Corner for more great videos!

26 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #254 Astra Militarum vs Ultramarines”

1. z3n1st September 16, 2014 9:02 am

The stunned Vulture cannot turn and should have moved 18″ straight forward, zooming flyers stunned/immobile results in the BRB

Reecius September 16, 2014 9:32 am

Well then I cheated and shall chastise myself appropriately. =P

• Wit September 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Vultures have inherent “armored cockpits,” so any stunned result was actually a shaken.

2. Julien September 16, 2014 9:46 am

Couple of tips from a veteran marine player to Raw Dogger:

-get them centurions a ride! Grav centurions need a ride to be effective (or GOI), stick them in a Land Raider and get them in range by turn 1 (specially with Prescience), they should have been removing units every turn.

-if you’re expecting flyers, keep the Mortis Contemptor in the back and protect your TFC from incoming aircraft (and enjoy the boosted cover save), once the aerial threats are removed they can move forward and support your assault.

-don’t use pods at all unless you’re going for a single suicide pod (IMO), rhinos would have benefited you better in this build

Always fun to watch your batreps; I wish Raw Dogger had hotter dices! He usually plays similar lists as I and I’m always rooting for him (but sadly I don’t see him win often lol)

3. iNcontroL September 16, 2014 9:50 am

kind of a unsung horrible moment in that game was the pod scattering 10 inches towards the star.. that pod and it’s unit in cover over on that objective would be a lot of trouble for reece but they just had to rawdog it >_<

Reecius September 16, 2014 10:03 am

Totally, that was a terrible turn of luck for Jason. Plus, killing the T-Fire on the first shot was ridiculous, taking that out was critical.

4. Wit September 16, 2014 4:08 pm

@Raw Dogger: man, I understand your preference for the Kheres A.cannons on the contemptors. They look cool, they’re new and different, they put out a bunch of shots.

But seriously, they’ve got to go.

Stick some autocannons on those two bad boys, and make sure that you DO NOT MOVE the turn before your opponent’s flyers come in. a pair of intercepting platforms equipped with two twin-linked autocannons and a cyclone missile launchers would have had a heck of an impact this game, not to mention that you’d be able to start firing right from round one.

Reecius September 16, 2014 5:34 pm

I agree, and the las cannons too, are boss.

5. Chaplain Sam September 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Nice battle report. That chapter master absorbed a ton of fire, surprisingly un-rawdog-ish

Reecius September 16, 2014 5:35 pm

I know, lol, I wanted to check his dice! haha

6. Pascal Roggen September 16, 2014 5:32 pm

even though the tacticals scattered 10 inches, they could have gotten out the other side of the pod and then run to the other side of the building out of line of sight of the star. also, totally agree about the kheres not being worth it in this list, auto canons or lascanons for sure.

Reecius September 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Yeah, that Tac squad would have been a big thorn in my side had it been on the other side of the wall.

• RoockieBoy September 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Agree! With the disembarking movement you’d be right next to the wall, only needing a 1-2 in your run move. You would have been behind the BLOS wall, and on the objective, making Reece having to decide to move the ogryns there, or ignore it.
      Keep it up Raw Dogger, you seem to be playing better every day.

7. bigpig September 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Great report as always. Jason, married life seems to be treating you well, buddy 🙂

8. ZeroWolf September 16, 2014 6:28 pm

I am very sad to have seen such a small amount of attention on the Space Wolves. Not nearly as much as other releases.

9. Jay Durall September 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Hey Reece, it looks like your lucky shirt has come through for ya!!

Reecius September 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Indeed!

10. novaStar September 16, 2014 8:03 pm

I thought Contemptor Dreadnoughts were fleet

11. Pascal Roggen September 16, 2014 8:50 pm

I’m pretty sure regular contemptors are fleet but these ones are mortis pattern contemptors so.. I think not

12. Steve September 16, 2014 11:23 pm

How did Reece reserve so many units. Did he get the outflank warlord trait?

13. van Schnitzelhouven September 17, 2014 3:48 am

Techpriest with servo arm is only S6 iirc, but you can give him meltabombs, which is what I usually do.

14. Leeder September 17, 2014 10:40 am

Hey Reece I asked this before, but I don’t think you responded. In Azrael’s rules it states he has to be warlord if he’s taken. So in 7th wouldn’t he have to be in the primary detachment?

15. CNitram September 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Leeder,

Azrael only has to be the Warlord of a Dark Angels CAD. As an ally, the stipulation is voided.

16. colins September 19, 2014 12:44 pm

How does the Aegis work in 7th ed now? it still a 4+ with a 2+ for going to ground?