- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube! Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
- We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.
- LVO news! The room block is already over 30% booked! Don’t wait to grab those rooms. Link here. Tickets, rules and event information will be available in September and regularly updated leading up to the event. We will be selling awesome stuff like shirts, pint glasses, etc. this year!
- F.A.T. Mats be arriving in the UK mid september, and will take a week or two to get into the warehouse, from their, we will be able to ship them out! Almost ready to go. We will start taking pre-order mid-September!
- Warzone demos and games on Wednesday nights at FLG have been popular and we’ve got a number of folks picking the game up! Check it out and you can purchase them in our webcart.
- MUGU Games’ ITC Singles event is coming up! September 6th in Everett, WA.
- Feast of Blades will be an ITC event! We will have Chandler on to talk about it their very cool event in the coming weeks.
- Big thanks to Kvein B for bringing this coverage to us.
- ***************************************Warmachine & Hordes notes from last weekends GenCon 2014***************************************
- Tournament Coverage
- Iron Gauntlet Tournament:
- Keith Christianson (w/ Cygnar) beat out Jay Larsen (w/ Trollbloods) on the final table
- FLG NOTES: Iron Gauntlet is Privateer Press’s premier format where you have to play with three different lists and after 3 games they cut to the top 4 and then you have to create a 75pt list using the models found in your prior three lists. It is a format that is used to demonstrate that you know your faction in and out and play multiple people with multiple lists and even create a list on the spot and still come out on top. The winners here will receive an invite to the World Championship Iron Gauntlet at Lock & Load (PP’s version of Games Day) in 2015 to battle for World Championship title.
- Hardcore Tournament:
- Chuck Elswick (w/ Legion of Everblight) won Hardcore, using a Prime Thagrosh list with a Double Archangel
- FLG NOTES: Hardcore tournaments is considered one of the more brutal formats (each player has to play their entire turn in 7 min or less. If your in the middel of moving a unit and your timer goes off your done, and your opponent can capitalize on it. It’s super fast paced and will punish you for making a mistake at any point in the game) and Chuck did it with 2 Archangel models which by the Warmachine & Hordes community are considered one of the worst Collosal models out there.
- Masters Tournament:
- Brandon Andrews (w/ Cygnar) vs. Jake Van Meter (w/ Legion of Everblight) was the finals table for Masters. And Jake Van Meter pulls out a win against what some would consider a bad match up for Jake
- FLG NOTES: In Masters you have three army lists and you are required to play each of them at least once. JVM (Jake Van Meter) however didn’t do this and going into the finals table was “List Locked” (had to play a certain list to meet the “must play each list atleast once” requirement) into his Saeryn (pro. Say-run) list, which is a caster who hates to see lots of guns across the table (something Cygnar does REALLY well). Even worse was Brandon selected his Epic Haley List (Considered to be one of Cygnar’s top warcasters) Even with these odds against him Jake Van Meter a veteran player pulls out the scenario win to win GenCon Masters. Winning his invitation to the Warmachine Weekend Invitationals in November of this year. Next Warmachine Weekend Invitational Tournaments is Nova Open – Arlington, VA August 28th-31st
- GenCon Model Release
- FLG NOTES: Privateer Press releases these models as Con Pre Release. The models still are not on sale to the General public but those whom attended the Convention can pick them up. As far as game play they are can be used at the Con they are purchased at (which most won’t do because there is zero play test time) but after the Con they still can’t be used in official tournaments till they are released to the general public:
- Circle Orboros: Bradigus Thorle the Runecarver –
- Legion of Everblight: Absylonia, Daughter of Everblight
- Skorne: Xerxis, Fury of Halaak
- New Video game called Horus Heresy Drop Assault looks pretty cool!
- Kingdom Death releases a new mini, the King.
- Forgeworld shows off the Night Lords and Iron Warriors Contemptor dreads and they are amazing!
- Nagash up for pre-order and he is HUGE! Holy crap. Sounds like some really cool stuff going on for Fantasy, Nagash coming, the story changing, all armies being able to summon undead, combined armies, new rules for characters.
- Infinity shows off some new releases, the Yojimbo Mercenary Squad, Kotail Mobile Unit and more shots of the very cool Operation Icestorm starter set, which we are taking pre-orders for!
- TGITG show off a new troops, artillery unit and biker unit. Very characterful!
- Crooked Dice announces their Paranormal Exterminators minis.
Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.
- Rumors that the new combined Undead army will have 61 units in the book, wow! Also, rumors of 50% of your points able to be spent on Lords.
- The Endtimes series of books for Fantasy will supposedly be the upcoming undead book, then Chaos in October, Skaven in January, and then other forces after that, followed by the 9th ed rule book.
- Jeremy H. predicts that Phase Out will be back as we have seen crushing morale rules popping up in other books.
- Smash gives you straight up AP2 attacks now, not just when you smash attack.
Hey guys I’m playing around with a new list concept and want to know what you think and would love to have it reviewed on the show. Here is the list:
Space Marine CAD
Chapter master, thunder hammer, artificer armour, shield eternal space marine bike
Bike squad +2 bikes, 2x grav-guns, multi-melta attack bike
Bike squad +2 bikes, 2x grav-guns, multi-melta attack bike
Bike squad +2 bikes, 2x plasma guns, multi-melta attack bike
Bike squad +2 bikes, 2x melta guns, multi-melta attack bike
Storm talon W/ skyfire missiles
Thunder fire cannon
Not sure what would be the best chapter tactics for this list. I’m debating white scars or iron hands. What do you think?
Sent from my iPad