Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #250 Astra Militarum vs Chaos

T-3-Fulgrim the Libertine - Desktop

ArbitorIan all the way from England busts out his gorgeous Chaos army featuring a Helfist Murder Pack vs. Reeciu’s Ogrynstar Astra Militarum with Dark Angels allies in this 1850pt video bat rep! Check out the Tactics Corner for more great video bat reps!

22 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #250 Astra Militarum vs Chaos”

1. quicksilver20288 August 25, 2014 6:27 pm #

I thought if he let you go first he would not be able to roll to seize?

2. Cuddles August 25, 2014 6:29 pm #

I sure hope Chaos gets some love from the good ole GW, as the army is really lacking any competitive ability. There’s so much out there CSM has no answer for.

Reecius August 26, 2014 4:11 pm #

They do struggle, no doubt.

3. bigpig August 25, 2014 6:33 pm #

I have to say that I like the new intro. I also was loving the new panning camera work, music, and effects…. and then the typo :). Made me chuckle

Great batrep and I love his army. Very unique approach. Go invis murder squad!

Reecius August 25, 2014 6:57 pm #

Thanks! And yeah, we’re trying to improve all the time.

• DCannon4Life August 26, 2014 3:51 am #

I think the CSM go on ‘Cursades’ all the time. Isn’t that like going on a tour and cursing everything along the way? /wink

Reecius August 26, 2014 9:25 am #

Lol, can’t believe I missed that typo, haha!

• fleetofclaw August 26, 2014 1:52 pm

But it was such a hard Narrative Forging typo it worked perfectly! Haha!

4. Jake August 25, 2014 10:40 pm #

Great Bat Rep! It was awesome to see some old school CSM dreads out there. That ogryn combo looks nasty.

5. iNcontroL August 25, 2014 11:27 pm #

really cool conversion/paint job on those daemons! Tough match though. Heldrakes failing to down the vendetta what, 2-3 times with vector strikes is brutal? Needed those to down it in 1-2 and then spend the rest of the game blowing up artillery/flaming troops.

6. Massive Dynamic August 26, 2014 1:12 am #

Usually im totally rooting for Reece, but this match i was gunning for Ian representing the UK! Glad to see us Brits making an appearance on Frontline!

7. TrueKnight August 26, 2014 4:33 am #

Great Batrep! That is an awesome Chaos army. I like seeing batreps this where the lists are diffrent than normal tourney lists… I def want to experiment with an ogryn star, ive got a few of the old school metal 1s somewhere lol

8. Graf August 26, 2014 9:16 am #

Great Chaos conversions, Ian! I really like the design of your Oblits and Heldrakes.

9. Madcore August 26, 2014 10:14 am #

How did you like the ogryn death star Reece 🙂

Any chance we get to see a battle report with Frankie new death guard list?

Reecius August 26, 2014 10:48 am #

It is super fun! I have played it in about 4 games now and it is a riot. Fast armies are hard to deal with, but anything that comes at you and isn’t strength 10 is fun.

10. Verminaard August 26, 2014 10:40 am #

Why a plasmacutioner with pask ?
    Wont it simply risk blowing itself up during the game ?

Reecius August 26, 2014 10:47 am #

His preferred enemy Warlord Trait allows you to reroll the Gets Hot! dice, so it makes him much more reliable. Plus, he can fire at a different target, too, with the Tank Commander Orders. I find it works quite well.

• Verminaard August 26, 2014 12:04 pm #

Ah missed how preferred enemy worked with “gets hot!” thnx

• Leeder August 27, 2014 5:04 pm #

Reecius, technically doesn’t Azreal have to be in the primary detachment in this new edition?

The way it reads if he is in your army he has to be warlord. So wouldn’t he only be available in a primary detachment?

11. DCannon4Life August 26, 2014 2:46 pm #

I plan to have a t-shirt made (to wear at tournaments) that says, ‘Death Stars are for Pu$$i3s’. I stand by that assertion. 🙂

12. Tangentical August 26, 2014 2:59 pm #

Ian, got to get a game against your army, cracking stuff, I help run Titans Wargames club in North London by the way, look us up on google or Facebook!

Chris G

13. Freeman August 26, 2014 4:20 pm #

I enjoyed Ian’s camera work. If you’d both been doing it it would have been hard to follow but Reece’s turns grounded it and then it went silly bollox for Ian’s turn.

Disappointed that a UK player lost to an American. Didn’t realise that could happen!