Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #249 Tyranids vs Eldar

40k.inc (1)

GTA takes his Seer Council out against InControl’s Dimechaeron lead Nids in an 1850pt Video Bat Rep! As always check out the Tactics Corner for more great video bat reps!

27 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #249 Tyranids vs Eldar”

1. iNcontroL August 22, 2014 9:33 am

Moving the dima out was a bad move.. needed to hold him back and get the charge. same with the stone crushers.. I USED to play assault style nids but that was tail end of 5th/going into 6th so I need to brush up on them tactics haha. Proud I had it on 5 despite throwing away almost 400 points of models for nothing >_<

The wonderful crew at FLG have finished up on my dima so after NOVA expect to see a lot of him.. I still really like the unit and that model is my fav.. so sick.

• Chaplain Sam August 22, 2014 10:23 am

Yeah the Dima is a tough one. Its capacity for total destruction in combat is really tempting, but it seems like you don’t get a return on the investment until turn 3/4. Especially if you’re holding it back.

Reecius August 22, 2014 10:24 am

Yeah, and any mistake against Seer Council is usually fatal.

Can’t wait to see the finished Dima!

• Greggles August 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Did you see the new assassins dataslate yet? It’s a hard kill for seer council! The one dude nullifies all blessings and maledictions within a 12″ inch bubble! NUTS!

Reecius August 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Yeah, I saw that. So long as you can get him into range to use his power, he will be a great counter.

• Pascal Roggen August 22, 2014 2:51 pm

can you say, allied SW drop pod with some Ic’s joined to him? ding ding:)

• IndigoJack August 22, 2014 11:00 pm

While it certainly looks like a decent counter against seerstar, I’d really only ever expect one turn of nullification. After that, they’re just going to turbo-boost away. Still, if you can time his arrival right and bring enough weapons to bear, the star should be cut down pretty effectively. I’m not sure he’ll be worth it in a top-tier list, but possibly a spoiler list.

2. iNcontroL August 22, 2014 11:07 am

At only 200 points and what it CAN do and what it represents it is damn near a auto take for me. Yes it has short comings like being slow/lacking fearless etc.. but what it does project to your opponent is “I have the ability to insta kill almost anything that gets close” AND “I can become damn near invincible with a 4+ fnp”

In my army he functions as a backfield protector against most lists where he basically wards off ANY wraithknight etc.. and if you can centralize your missions markers he just sits back and bullies the opponent.

Like it was seen in the video though.. he won’t/doesn’t shine vs the seer council. I also (that day) played him against the new space wolves thunder dome list and he was pretty damn amazing. Took out only 1 lord but got some wolves and lasted 3 turns in combat vs 2 lords with his high WS/FNP. Was pretty neat. I also won that game 🙂

• N.I.B. August 25, 2014 12:55 am

I want to read that battle report! Dimachaeron against Thunder dome. I just love the model, I want it to be good in-game too.

Stonecrushers are crap, man. They move like molasses. If you’re dead set on running cc Carnifexes, just take Adrenal Glands on a Fex with Crushing Claws. But imo, Dakkafex is the only way to run them. Decent enough in combat and packs a serious punch in the shooting phase.

I’m thinking about running, 2 Dimachaerons, backed up by 2 Flyrants, 1-2 Malanthropes, and… what? Something that can draw the heat from the Dimachaerons.

Flyrant, Egrubs
      Flyrant, Egrubs

Malanthrope
      Malanthrope

3 Rippers, deepstrike
      3 Rippers, deepstrike
      3 Rippers, deepstrike

Dimachaeron
      Dimachaeron
      6 Raveners, rending claws

2 Dakkafex
      2 Dakkafex

1995 points

3. TheWarRoom August 22, 2014 11:45 am

More plans on taking the Dima? We’ve spent a lot of time on the Hive talking about it.

• TheWarRoom August 22, 2014 11:46 am

Ha, I guess you answered that above.

Reecius August 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Yeah, that thing is beastly.

4. Noah D August 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Do you really think the Stone Crushers are necessary to take considering that in most scenarios your Dima is going to be your backfield protector? I’m not sure what would be good to take in lieu of? I don’t know what else you could have done in that game considering you did the right moves by knocking out all the cheap troops but it left the four toughest units he had left.

• iNcontroL August 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Undecided on that as well. I misplayed them so this game is a hard judge. str 10 ap 2 d3 HoW + their insta death attacks is a pretty insane sell as well though. Also they are what I would need to punch throw heavy armor whereas the rest of my army doesn’t have much for that.

• Simon August 22, 2014 11:06 pm

I found Stonecruchem’s disappointing in the games that I played with them. Sure they are the coolest looking fex’s and sound beast on paper but they are just so, so slow! its crippling. I doubt i’ll take them again unfortunately.

The Dima is a beast, I do care that it is that size and doesn’t move 12″ but I think all Nid players would have liked an easy pick like Tau got with the Riptide/ Eldar got with the Wraithknight.

It just goes to show that Nid players are the best gamers in the world. No argument there 😉

Reecius August 23, 2014 9:24 am

Troof!

• Jural August 25, 2014 10:20 am

…also, the most attractive and witty, with exceptional personal hygeine…

I would say the Malanthrope does look like an auto include to me… I had originally thought that some niche lists wouldn’t benefit from it, but after trying them out, I was probably wrong.

Every ‘Nid list should start with a flyrant and a malanthrope now, then choose your formation to go with them (with BAO rules.)

• Jural August 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Personally, I’m all in on the Malanthrope and I can’t decide whether the Dima is really awesome or if I just have model lust… But the Stone Crushers are a no go. Vanilla or dakka fexes are better values. I will probably buy the model because they look sweet though.

5. ZeroWolf August 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Aw why couldn’t you have recorded the Thunderdome battle? 😉

6. deFl0 August 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Can you post the lists?

7. Wit August 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Huh? Still no Space Wolf battle reports?

• ZeroWolf August 22, 2014 3:13 pm

8. Dash2021 August 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Really not at all representative for the Dima. Seer council melts the face off anything with a LD value that gets within 18″. Just the way it goes.

9. Eldarain August 23, 2014 2:50 pm

I thought you couldn’t have one unit try the same power multiple times in one phase (double Mind War to take down the Dima)

Or is that dealt with in FLG’s FAQ?

10. Jason
    Raw Dogger August 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Alright what’s up guys! Grant stinks!

11. Smellofwetdog August 27, 2014 6:31 am

Love the way the FW models look. Outside of the Malanthrope though just not seeing expensive CC monsters making much of a splash.
    So tragic the Dima went down without any combat at all. I shed a slimy disgusting tear that spawned into a gaunt and scuttled away.

12. MarkDawg August 27, 2014 4:07 pm