Guest Video Bat Rep: Astra Militarum vs. Eldar

DCannon4Life busts out his Eldar vs. Astra Militarum in this 1500pt BAO practice game, playing scenario 1. Note, the BAO is played at 1850pts. Check out the Tactics Corner for more great video bat reps!

13 Responses to “Guest Video Bat Rep: Astra Militarum vs. Eldar”

1. Joshhodg July 9, 2014 11:41 am

Hey what is this?! How can it be a batrep on Frontline Gaming without a bus going by at some point?!

Reecius July 9, 2014 12:06 pm

It wasn’t at FLG, haha, so no buses =)

• DCannon4Life July 9, 2014 12:16 pm

If I ever get a video posted here again (big surprise to me, and thanks again for doing it), I will add the audio of buses going by…

Reecius July 9, 2014 12:19 pm

Lol, it is only tradition at this point, haha

• Jason
          Raw Dogger July 10, 2014 2:42 pm

That and the recent influx of homeless people stealing your cans

2. Charlie July 9, 2014 3:35 pm

Very good report. I liked the narrative voiced over the video. Another 1500 point battle report and the more I see/play them, the more I am leaning towards that as a favored point value to play in 7th. Thanks for sharing.

• DCannon4Life July 11, 2014 10:22 am

I like 1500 for Eldar just fine, but I think a number of other armies aren’t really competitive until you get to 1750 (Chaos Space Marines, for example). 1500 in general is good for getting used to rules and fundamentals and also good for getting 4 rounds in a one-day tournament. Otherwise, 1850 is more satisfying.

3. novaStar July 9, 2014 5:46 pm

my only question is, why practice a 1850 tournament with 1500 points? not trying to be an ass just genuinely curious

• Charlie July 10, 2014 4:35 am

I could only guess it was more to understand how the missions actually play rather than playtest their respective armies.

• Smellofwetdog July 10, 2014 7:05 am

The same thing immediately stuck out to me, also the opponent had never played 7th before. I mean you play the games you get not the ones you want I get that.It seems like as a tournament practice match against a soft opponent at the wrong points value it didn’t offer much other than the mission.

Good batrep though, and thanks for sharing.

Great looking army, I’ve seen terrain boards like that in the miniwargaming guys batrep videos too.

• Jason
        Raw Dogger July 10, 2014 2:45 pm

It most likely was not a test mission for the BAO. They were probably just playing a 1500 point game using the BAO mission. Reece might have just assumed it was a test game for the tournament. He made an ass out of you and me.

• DCannon4Life July 11, 2014 10:19 am

The suppositions below are mostly correct: I chose 1500 so I could get three games in in a day (two of which were with players inexperienced with 7th ed.). They weren’t TOURNAMENT practice games, just practice games with respect to how the tactical objectives factored into turn-by-turn decision making.

Thanks for taking a look at it! 🙂

• DCannon4Life July 11, 2014 10:20 am