Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #229 Skyblight Tyranids vs Chaos

Frankie and InControl have another show down! Skyblight Tyranids vs. Chaos with Be’Lakor and a trio of Drakes. As always, check out the Tactics Corner for more bat reps!

17 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #229 Skyblight Tyranids vs Chaos”

1. ChaosReigns May 3, 2014 10:28 pm

I really would like to take a crack at Jeff’s Vagisil list.

2. DCannon4Life May 3, 2014 10:54 pm

Belakor >.<

3. Desert Hack May 3, 2014 11:40 pm

Sadly what scant compensation skyblight offers Nids will undoubtedly soon be snatched away when dataslate formations become restricted to 25% of your total points under the new edition FOC (or so rumours say)

• McDoogle May 4, 2014 6:48 pm

1. We don’t know any of that to be true, though I’m pretty positive the percentages rumor has been completely debunked.

2. The rules could be tweaked to boost cc armies just enough that Tyranids wouldn’t NEED Skyblight Swarm to be tier 1 anyway.

4. Leth May 4, 2014 7:11 am

Skyblight doesnt seem too bad, but it depends on how you read the rules.

If you say it can NEVER be contested that is one thing.

If you go RAW then it can be contested by everything but scoring then it doesnt seem as bad.

5. Smellofwetdog May 4, 2014 7:59 am

Astroglide is a better name for that list, it even sounds 40k-y. I think vagisil is for some sort of infection…although maybe that’s where Geoff was headed with that…

Great game! I thought it was going to be a slapfight type game again but Frankie showed why you never count a quality player out.

6. N.I.B. May 4, 2014 10:37 pm

Another great battle report, thanks!

Reecius May 5, 2014 7:17 am

Glad you liked it!

7. IndigoJack May 5, 2014 8:20 am

Nice batrep! Don’t worry Frankie, I’m sure you’ll get him next time 😉

Are you guys planning to do a betrep with Reece’s scout army? I’m really interested in seeing how that list works.

8. iNcontroL May 5, 2014 4:37 pm

Did we do the challenge thing correct? Also sword on flyrant is dumb don’t ever do that lol

• Jeremy Veysseire
      MikhailLenin May 6, 2014 8:42 am

I believe that was correctly done but my question is if the Rant is considered locked with the unit that challenge due to the distance to the unit/model actually in B2B with the challenger.

9. Fister May 6, 2014 7:01 pm

Great batrep, guys. Thanks!

Also, I miss Reece being in the batreps. Bring papa bear back!

Reecius May 6, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks! And I would love to come back to them but I have been too dang busy lately.

10. Lord Krungharr May 6, 2014 8:25 pm

Awesome battle, I for one would be nervous facing the Skyblight. One question I have, did the Gaunts take wounds from the killed Tervigon? I thought they were supposed to blow up or something and kill many gaunts within 18″ or so?

I think perhaps instead of the Obliterators, if the Crones/Harpies only have 4+ armor saves like I thought they do, a 4th Allied Drake and take 2 Hades autocannons would do some real damage to them.

Or all Hades Drakes (you have Daemon forge too), then allied AM to deal with the ground forces; plenty of long range barrages and cover ignoring to handle the gargoyles and gaunts, etc…not to mention Sabre platforms 🙂

I tend to agree that Belakor, while a beast if he gets into the mix, is very easy to kill for his points. Psykers are so cheap now you can nearly guarantee the good powers without the cost.

11. iNcontroL May 7, 2014 12:26 pm

gants take damage within 12 (3d6 str 3 hits

Yeah I too miss reece in bat reps >_< get in there after valhalla grey bush!

Reecius May 8, 2014 9:55 am

I’ve beenbworking on my AM and Scouts, you shall all feel my wraith!

12. Retilly May 8, 2014 6:05 am

Franky I will offer you lessons for Daemons if you’d like 😀

That being said well done Geoff on the win and great battle report guys!