signals from the Frontline

Show Notes

3-18-14 Show Notes

• BAO update: We’re narrowing down a venue. We’ve had to do a lot of searching but I think we have it down to three options now, hopefully we will have it nailed down in the next week.
  • Hi Guys,Just wanted to send over a big thank you and well done on delivering an awesome product. I got both the Urban Combat and Alpine delivered to me last night (UK) and I couldn’t be happier!

Bye bye green felt!!

• I’d also appreciate a shout out to Grand Cities Games in Grand Forks, ND. The stopping grounds of The Warhogs.
  • We still have some cloth toppers left! Only $5 a pop plus shipping, that is dirt cheap.
  • Getting very excited for Valhalla! Check it out if you are interested in a full blown Gamer’s Retreat!
  • There’s a new Chaos Transfer sheet in the reboxed kits. Pretty cool if you use transfers.
  • More images of our Gaming Mats popping up! These come to us from New York!

unnamed (1) unnamed

• Werewoolf Miniatures releases some very cool evil Dwarves.

Son-of-Adramelech_kolor Son-of-Adramelech_Pyrobaras_kolor1 Son-of-Adramelech_Takabaras_kolor1

• Puppetswar shows off their new Dragonfly model and it looks pretty cool!

• Heavy Gear shows off the final version of the new Hoplite APC, with a cannon added on!

• Micro Art Studios posts pics up of a new building for Infinity, and it looks great.

• Privateer Press shows off images of the new Epic Borka for Trollbloods and wow, what a cool concept! A Troll with a Mace and a Flail riding a Bear! Sweet!

epic borka

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

• Rumors of Forge World doing a Knight Lancer conversion kit for the very cool Knight which will feature a look truer to the original Knight with reverse jointed legs and reportedly a lance and flamer style weapon. It will be a Fast Attack choice in a Knight army.
  • Rumors that the new Bullgryn kits, which are supposedly Ogryns with shields, can form up to give a 4+ cover save to units behind them, which would be cool if true. A mobile Aegis!
  • Rumors floating around that Forge World will be making an Iron Hands, Iron Father model which would be killer! The pictures floating around look great if they are the real thing.

Rant Session

Tactics Corner

•  Frankie tried out the new Crimson Slaughter!

Rules Lawyer

Ultra marine allies –

Tigurius –

3 Devastator Centurions –

Grav cannons, grav amps

5 Scouts-

5 scouts –

Chief Tigurius joins the centurions and rolls on divination hoping for precognition, forewarning and prescience. The centurions run around shooting stuff being annoying.

The bike command squad drives around being distracting and smashing things in the face. Tigurius uses his re-roll to keep his scouts off for as long as possible.

Seems to have suitable AA, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work, Reece and Frankie (aka best player US)

23 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Comedy”

1. iNcontroL March 18, 2014 7:18 am

I’ma stop harassing you guys about advertising your own shit lol.. can’t teach a old dog new tricks I guess 🙁

Reecius March 18, 2014 9:55 am

We did plug our stuff, brah!

2. Mark March 18, 2014 7:33 am

It’d be nice to see a Slaughter CSM build vs Taudar… too bad your studio army is gone!

Reecius March 18, 2014 9:28 am

Yeah, but the gentleman that won the army is actually fairly close to us, so we still get to see it on occasion.

3. Zeos March 18, 2014 8:00 am

To answer your question the MWG guys are located in Welland, Ontario which is about an hour to the south of Toronto.

Reecius March 18, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks for the info!

4. Moridan March 18, 2014 8:16 am

Didn’t you get the pic of my toddler-monster playing on the urban mat? 9-)

5. Novastar March 18, 2014 8:23 am

The Iron Father is a mix of techmarine/chaplain as of index astartes 3, not sure of they changed that in the new fluff

Reecius March 18, 2014 9:25 am

Ah yes, that was it, but I think now he is more of a Captain, too.

6. Leonidas March 18, 2014 9:22 am

Miniwargaming are located in Welland Ont. BTW. That’s very close to Niagara Falls. I believe they’ve always been there. I want to get a game in with them myself…
    P.S. Mega Mat just arrived. It looks great, looking forward to playing on it!

Reecius March 18, 2014 9:25 am

Thanks for the info and glad you like the mat!

7. anonymou5 March 18, 2014 1:16 pm

I would love, LOVE to watch you play the MWG guys. I mean, obviously they have done a lot of good for the community, so props to that. But a few of them are a rare combo of A) terrible at the Warhams and B) really smug about how good they think they are. I would LOVE (have I said it enough) to watch you crush one/all of them.

They just can’t floss on your level.

Reecius March 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Haha, well thank you, sir. And yes, I get that impression sometimes, too. But, benefit of the doubt and all. It would be a fun promotion and a great way to get a good game in. Judging by their some of their lists though, I would defintley not bring the heat. A nice, casual list, and it would be a fun, challenigng game.

• anonymou5 March 18, 2014 5:58 pm

““Warhammer was always here. Before Reece was, warhammer waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.”

NO MERCY

(I may have edited that quote slightly….greatest book ever)

Reecius March 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Hahaha, that was awesome!

• anonymou5 March 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy (I may have edited the quote a little). I would argue it’s the best novel ever written. Certainly the one with the most badass quotes.

“Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.”

8. Mercutioh March 18, 2014 2:15 pm

I want to see the Reece V Stelek match. If we’re looking for the smugness to comeuppance needed ratio.

PS. If there is such a ratio. I openly own that I am not good at the cermonial chucking of the Space dice. This means that next time I play Reece he has to throw the game right? Right?

Hollow Victories for the win! Everybody gets a medal!

Reecius March 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Lol, it’d be great to play again! And I certainly didn’t let you win last time, haha, I had to work for it.

• Gordon March 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Stelek doesn’t actually play 40k. He just talks up a storm about it.

Reecius March 18, 2014 5:34 pm

He’s not worth talking about, honestly. Just a constant source of negativity. We enjoy the hobby, and the friendship it brings. He is all ego and spite. Let the troll live under his bridge, we have fun things going on

• vonvilkee March 19, 2014 10:08 am

Awesome view!

9. bigpig March 19, 2014 12:57 am

Do you have a solid date? Need to work on the time off

Reecius March 19, 2014 11:15 am

Not yet. Still negotiating venues. I think we found a winner in San Jose, though.