Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #212 Tyranids vs the Red Tide

40k.inc (1)

InControl and his Nids face off against Spam Adams’ Triptide Tau! As always, check out the Tactics Corner for more great bat reps!

24 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #212 Tyranids vs the Red Tide”

1. anonymou5 February 25, 2014 9:56 pm #

Between the Megamat, the terrain, Geoff’s awesome Nids, and the Riptide bases that was one of the best “looking” batreps I have ever seen. Competing favorably with some of the Batreps out there that pretty much only focus on aesthetics.

That said, it was still a FLG Batrep, so the tactics were also great. Even great Tau players just have an innate drive to castle, and it so often costs them the game. Always funny to see.

Great job guys. Can’t wait to get my Megamats. My wife actually has one in her hands right now, unfortunately she’s in TN and I’m in stupid Georgia with my felt =(

Reecius February 26, 2014 11:23 am #

Thanks! Yeah, we really want to push the envelope in terms of aesthetics, tactics and fun. All that stuff was painted by us, too, so that helps promote our business, too!

And yeah, the mats are awesome, you will be stoked when you finally have yours in your hands!

2. Fister February 26, 2014 12:40 am #

More fun to watch than I expected. TauDar games are usually boring to play as well as watch. Especially nice seeing the Nids bag a win.

Reecius February 26, 2014 11:24 am #

All about the LoS blocking terrain, baby! Totally, changes the game.

3. Pascal Roggen February 26, 2014 12:58 am #

Good bloody job Geoff!:)

4. fleetofclaw February 26, 2014 1:41 am #

Congrats Geoff, way to go omnomnom on the greater good!

5. iNcontroL February 26, 2014 1:46 am #

thanks everyone <3 this really made my day. Still taking some hard losses but learning and adapting.. still high in spirits 🙂

6. iNcontroL February 26, 2014 2:59 am #

btw I immediately learned that jet seer bikes don’t give a damn about well thought out blockades 🙁 lololol

• Hugz4Genestealers February 26, 2014 11:50 pm #

Also, can’t pin bikes or jetbikes. That one gets overlooked a lot.

7. scousematt February 26, 2014 3:32 am #

Congrats Geoff, really well played!

8. Deekers February 26, 2014 6:45 am #

There ya go InControl! Bravo on the win and I like the list, looking forward to seeing some more Nid batreps from ya

9. Dash2021 February 26, 2014 11:18 am #

Things I learned from the last 6 minutes of video: Jeff wanted Adams to pull his Wang completely out, Adams did, and Jeff beat him in 3 different ways.

I learned a lot I never wanted to know today.

10. BeeCee February 26, 2014 12:05 pm #

I see you ran a little bit light on troops but you made up for it with some pretty good spawns. Do you feel like minimal troops is the way to go?

Reecius February 26, 2014 1:29 pm #

I’m usually big on troops, but like Geoff, I too am leaning towards min troops and more kill power.

• bridges60 February 26, 2014 2:29 pm #

This^ less troops as long as you have a tervigon who can get you 1 more troop guaranteed has been nice, because you can spend more on monsters. I don;t see the need for max troops as long as the tervigon is in play behind your other advance forces….keep in mind if you can always out flank the tervigon to cover the board more.

Reecius February 26, 2014 4:44 pm #

Yeah, and with threats pushing up-field, the Tervigon typically goes unscathed.

11. Adam
    Adam February 26, 2014 1:35 pm #

12. DCannon4Life February 26, 2014 2:14 pm #

This would not have changed the outcome at all, but bears pointing out: Bikes (of any kind) cannot be pinned. Additionally, they cannot go to ground either.

Off Topic: When is the Wasteland ‘Game Mat’ coming in? That’s the one I want.

13. Gunnerboy February 27, 2014 4:54 am #

Congrats on the win!! but its amazing to finally see that you have discovered the wonders of playing with 2 exocrines!!! its slightly better when you can add in more ap2 goodness from a mawloc 😉 but tyrannofex sounds good, might give it a go! thanks for the inspiration!!! WOOO!!

14. jy2
    jy2 February 27, 2014 7:25 am #

Congrats Geoff! You did what I haven’t been able to do yet with the new bugs – beat Taudar! You da man! And good luck at the Torrent of Fire tournament coming up.

15. BeeCee February 27, 2014 10:53 am #

Yes well done indeed. I am looking forward to reports after the ToF even this weekend. We are expecting you guys to come through with some nice posts and recaps! Who all is going, Geoff and Frankie?

By the way, i see we have a Geoff themed Swarmlord graphic for the batreps now, nice!

16. AmeraPlasticM February 27, 2014 9:38 pm #

Great to see our scenery being used so effectively as blocking terrain hope OK to share this video? Jane from Amera