Warhammer 40K Video Bat RepTyranids vs Imperial Fists

nid.01

InControl busts out his Nids against Reecius’ Imperial Fists in a 1750 bat rep! Will the Nid Challenge finally be won?? Check the Tactics Corner for more great videos and articles!

35 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat RepTyranids vs Imperial Fists”

1. Avatar
    iNcontroL February 1, 2014 2:50 pm #

Gotta take advantage of Reece while he is distracted with LVO / weak from exhaustion. GO NIDS

Reecius February 1, 2014 2:53 pm #

I got owned! lol

I think that list is starting to shape up, though, for real. This is what I want to try next:

Tyranids 1750 Pts

Crone 1

Heavy Support
      T-Fex 1
      T-Fex 1

Totals 50 1750

Gricke February 2, 2014 6:35 pm #

InControl/Reecius, I like your lists, and they are similar to the one I’m drafting, but don’t you think that you will be stretched thin with your lack of scoring units? I guess that we are banking on contesting/scoring linebreaker, since Spawn Termagants cannot be relied upon, and Synapse web is compromised due to points spent on offensive units.

It’s really too bad, especially since I agree with you guys on all points made for each unit (especially the psychological effect Mawlocs can have on your opponent and his unit placement).

2. Avatar
    DCannon4Life February 1, 2014 3:07 pm #

Mmmm….Spammy.

Out of curiosity, how much are 10 termagants? I doubt you can get a minimum-sized genestealer unit for that, but if you could, the genestealers could perhaps baby-sit a back-field objective? Out of sight, out of mind?

Gordy February 1, 2014 3:19 pm #

Gaunts are 4ppm. Genestealers are 14. Horror is a cute trick, but not much else, at least on genestealers.

Reecius February 1, 2014 3:28 pm #

With the Horror they cost 130pts for the unit.

DCannon4Life February 1, 2014 3:39 pm #

Not concerned with ‘Horror’ in the slightest. I am interested in how many points (minimum) I would have to spend to get a synapse-independent scoring unit. I wouldn’t expect anything from them other than to stay out of LoS and not eat each other.

Hugz4Genestealers February 2, 2014 1:37 am #

Minimum stealer squad is 70 points. It’s cheap enough that I’ve toyed around with including a pair of them at 1750, and the flexibility and independence from synapse is nice to have, but I’m not yet totally sold that it’s a good enough deal given how fragile they are if you can’t hide them well enough.

3. Avatar
    Oadius the ass February 1, 2014 5:08 pm #

Those bugs looked great. Was the crone an albino? haha. Thanks for another great bat rep.

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:15 pm #

You’re welcome! And yeah, lol, the albino beast!

4. Avatar
    SCP Yeeman February 1, 2014 5:15 pm #

Man Reece I was waiting for your Dread to Drop Pod down and flame some shit. Seems like you totally forgot about it in this bat rep. I think he could have made a difference in some respect.

Sad to see the dice not with you in this game but you also didn’t bring a very tough list. InControl brought the good with the Nids. I like his list and think it can be effective.

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:16 pm #

Yeah, I straight up forgot I was so tired, lol, oh well.

I think it’s cool because it is good to get a Nid victory on the books, even if I was playing poorly.

5. Avatar
    Alex February 1, 2014 7:35 pm #

Awesome IF’s, are they yours reecius? I’d like to see close ups if you have them

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:16 pm #

I wish! They belong to one of our artists who is an awesome painter.

6. Avatar
    freelancerqc February 1, 2014 8:02 pm #

lol,sc2 references about incrontol skills…….love it! incrontol. are you attending lvo?stream those games! =p

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:17 pm #

We will be streaming games after the LVO! We are going to set up a twitch account.

7. Avatar
    Black Blow Fly February 1, 2014 8:59 pm #

Nid Domination !!

Looking forward to the rematch! Go Hive Mind !

8. Avatar
    mathhammer February 1, 2014 9:54 pm #

so what was the prize for winning??????

Reecius February 2, 2014 2:14 pm #

Me eating crow! lol!

But he won a box set for kicking my ass, we forgot to file that bit.

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:17 pm #

We were both so beat we forgot to film that part, he got a plastic kit.

9. Avatar
    Crispy February 1, 2014 10:29 pm #

Good batrep! Thanks for uploading it. Looking forward to the next one against Reecius’ tournament space marine list 😀

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:18 pm #

You’re welcome! ANd the rematch will be coming next week!

10. Avatar
    fleetofclaw February 1, 2014 11:19 pm #

Man…if the flamer dread drops and you peel off the last wound on that Tervigon then the wheels would have fallen off for the Nids even with the other tactical mistakes and a sub optimal list.

Still Congrats to Geoff on the win!!

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:18 pm #

Exactly! Doh! I forgot.

11. Avatar
    Fagerlund February 2, 2014 1:22 am #

The fact that it was a rollover against a suboptimal list tells me it’s a pretty solid list. If the nids would be as bad as internet thinks it would have been a lot closer, but there was not really any doubt all game.

(For those thinking the pod would matter; no. The Tervigon would still be at full health since it wouldn’t have gone in against the terminators if it actually mattered. Dreads drop in and die, they’re really terrible :p )

fleetofclaw February 2, 2014 1:35 pm #

Torching the gant speed bump would be all it needed to do so the terminators could have gone straight in and punched the Tervigon in junk. It’s irrelevant since Reece forgot, but that doesn’t change the fact that the IF were playing with a significant points handicap and down an infantry scorcher.

Reecius February 2, 2014 5:20 pm #

Yeah, I feel like it would have been able to help smoke little bugs, but maybe not so good against the Tervigon.

12. Avatar
    Skari February 2, 2014 5:26 am #

Nice! I liked the batrep. 2 yellow armies going up against each other not something you see every day! Hehe. Seems like you guys are slowly finding a listy style that works in your local meta… im curious how it would fare against jy2’s MTO necrons…

13. Avatar
    XinZ February 3, 2014 11:29 am #

Congrats to the most mediocre Starcraft 2 player for putting Reece in his place! On a serious note, I think about this everytime I see those nids. They are beautiful. The bumblebee color scheme looks so good on them.

Reecius February 4, 2014 8:59 am #

Yeah, he beat my bottom, lol!

14. Avatar
    Deekers February 3, 2014 2:03 pm #

nice game, slightly gave more hope to me as a Nid player but at the same time it was also against Reecius who had the wrathful eyes of the dice gods upon him. All in all nice batrep, looking forward to the tournament marines against InControls Nidz for round 2

15. Avatar
    Grizzly Adams February 4, 2014 4:42 pm #

Great batrep guys. Quick Question Reece / Geoff (Jeff?)

How many tentaclids can the Crone shoot per turn? I haven’t had a chance to look at the book, do each count as a weapon, or do they all collectively count as a weapon?

Really enjoyed it guys, and Geoff (Jeff?), i love your paint scheme on the Nids, looks great!

Reecius February 6, 2014 10:59 am #