signals from the Frontline

Show Notes

1-11-14

News

puppetswar

puppetswar2

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

• Forgeworld picking up finecast production, apparently.
  • Apparently Doomrider is killed in the White Scars book. I included a little excerpt here of the chant to summon Doomrider as a way to say goodbye to our old friend.

Oh great Lord Slaanesh, send forth your servant, the Daemon Prince Doomrider! Let our enemies tremble in raptured awe before his fearsome visage!

Grant them an exquisite death, crushed beneath the flaming wheels of his chromium steed! Permit them the ecstasy of being slaughtered by Doomrider’s throbbing Daemonsword and his pulsating gun of gushing plasma!

Bestow on them one fleeting moment of pleasure as they stare in wonder and orgasmic delight at one of your most divine creations before dying at his hand!

Oh great Lord Slaanesh, for these reasons and many others that tease and titillate our imaginations, we beseech you, send forth your servant, the Daemon Prince Doomrider!

•  White Dwarf is, apparently, going to go away as we have known it.
    • There will be a weekly magazine that costs as much as a GW paint and a monthly magazine that will be very big, 250pgs.
  • Dwarves rumored to be coming in February.

Rant Session

Tyranids

Tactics Corner

Rules Lawyer

List Review

15 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Jokes.”

1. Avatar
    Hotsauceman1 January 11, 2014 3:26 pm #

Imma Gonna Lore you guys, A powerful Psyker can indeed pour so much power into the deamon prince to kill them permanetly
    Also, What Book?

Reecius January 11, 2014 3:45 pm #

A new White Scars book, apparently!

Hotsauceman1 January 11, 2014 4:08 pm #

So, what used to be the red headed step child of first funding chapters, kills an Iconic Character.
        Yup, sounds right. I think my plan to poison GW headquarters with a gas that makes them think the WS are amazing worked

Gordy January 12, 2014 12:12 am #

There’s supposedly a new book about where Draigo performs heart surgery on Mortarion coming up.

2. Avatar
    novaStar January 11, 2014 6:13 pm #

can the Tyranids players bring the 4th edition codex instead?

Soul_of_Iron January 12, 2014 2:35 pm #

I believe in the podcast they said you can bring the 5th ed, or the newest book… I don’t think you’ll be able to bring the 4th ed book though…

3. Avatar
    QuixosWasRight January 11, 2014 6:53 pm #

I wouldn’n worry too much about gene stealers and the like right now, just wait till the next dataslate/formation comes out for an additional forty bucks or so and then they will be back in business . Just wait and see .

4. Avatar
    Rob the nob January 11, 2014 7:27 pm #

For the love of God,orphans,puppies and kittens please let me bring my 5th ed. Bugs

5. Avatar
    Invok93 January 12, 2014 8:34 am #

Really enjoying the show, I know requests can get a bit weird but do you think you could discuss if it is possible to make a good (ie wins games) tau and/or eldar army thats still fun for your opponent to play against?

6. Avatar
    Noah January 12, 2014 5:46 pm #

As far as allowing people to choose between codices for the LVO I would say no. I say this because from here on out this is what Tyranids are going to be and it does nothing good for players to have one last hurrah for the old Nids. They are what they are and its up to the Nid players to figure out their best builds and to learn to win with them. Im a dedicated Ork player and if my new codex turns out to be garbage as well then I will still roll with them as is because I hate giving GW more money than needed. Just my two cents.

Hotsauceman1 January 12, 2014 7:41 pm #

I really agree, This is an ever evolving game and we have to deal with it TBH. Can Chaos bring 4th because they dont like the rule forcing them to accept aa challenge? Can deamons for the ignores all armor flamers?

7. Avatar
    Rich with GSI January 13, 2014 9:23 am #

Can CSM use the 3.5 Codex?

Reecius January 13, 2014 9:48 am #