Las Vegas Open News and Updates

lasvegas.1

Hey everyone, Reecius here with a quick update on the LVO!

Get your Con Badges! People are still missing it. You will literally not be able to walk through the doors of the event if you do not have a Con Badge! We have emailed everyone who hasn’t gotten one, but there are still a good amount of folks with no badge. I will call everyone that still doesn’t have one 2 weeks prior, but that is a PITA, so help me out here folks, and get your badge.

The the really, really sweet rate on the hotel of $79 a night for Friday and Saturday night through our group code will only be good for another week, until January 8th! You really do not want to miss out on those hot rates! Book your room here.

As we had mentioned previously, we will be putting in less tables for gaming than we had planned initially due to the Fire Inspector making some modifications to our floor-plan. That means we won’t be able to max out every event as planned but will have to cut some space here and there as ticket sales finalize our plan for what games get the most space. So, be sure to not wait until the last minute to get your event tickets or you may find yourself SOL. 40K and Fantasy are nearing full, Warmahodres had a huge surge here in December and looks like they will also be approaching full in the near future as well.

40K is bout to break 200 players! wOOt! Do not wait on those tickets, we anticipate a big surge in January for both the procrastinators that always wait to the last minute and for folks who are just waiting to get one paycheck away from Christmas. We always see a spike in ticket sales near the end and it looks like we will sell out before that occurs so if you wait too long, it may be too late.

Fantasy is nearing full as well, and again, do not wait to get those tickets! As with 40K, we always get a big surge at the end.

Beerhammer is about to break 40 players! Haha, that will be a hilarious event, I can’t wait to see that in action.

40K Zombie Survival Rules will be posted this week, and the event already has a large number of attendees and looks to be a lot of fun.

The 40K Dinner attendees will be receiving an email soon with instructions as to where to make reservations. Keep an eye on your email inbox if you plan on attending this event!

We are unfortunately going to be have to cancel Heavy Gear and the Fantasy Team Event. Our Heavy Gear TO had to pull out of the event and at this time, lacking not only his expertise, but terrain, we are not in a position to follow through on the event to the standard we demand and will cancel. All attendees for those events will receive a full refund of their ticket price. The Fantasy Team Event has also had a similar occurrence that dictates the cancellation of this event.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
27 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Eric
Eric

Reecius,

Is LVO going to be yay or nay on Tyranids if they are released on the 11th?

Ricter
Ricter
Reply to  Reecius

So less than a month is plenty of time to prepare for a new codex, with possibly dozens of new rules and many new units, but it’s not enough time for data slates and/or formations?

And if you’re going to bring up that you guys allowed votes on the data slates/formations, then why didn’t you allow it for the Tyranid Codex?

Honestly, I don’t care much about data slates or formations, I’m just frustrated that I’ll have to learn a new codex very quickly, and I won’t have much time to compensate for it at an event I’m spending quite a bit of money to attend. It further bothers me that the “reason” given of “not enough time to prepare” seems more like a bullshit excuse than anything else.

Eric
Eric

One more question:
Will formations be allowed? If so, is there a limit on the number of them that can be taken?

Eric
Eric

Reece,

My apologies. Mistook the Dataslate formations for being something other than the new units/characters that have been released. Can’t wait for the event!

Gordon
Gordon
Reply to  Reecius

So, will we be allowed to hire strippers to distract our opponents?

Daemonette
Daemonette
Reply to  Gordon

Oh God I hope I play you! * Fingers Crossed*

joedrache
joedrache
8 years ago

hows the apoc game looking? (i’m furiously working on the new imperator)

Janthkin
Janthkin
8 years ago

Many words, none of which touch on Malifaux. Still on? Any rules/clarifications incoming? I literally don’t know what I need to paint.

Alex Yuen
Alex Yuen
8 years ago

Why not just have the guy pay at the door for the con badge. he already spend 60 on the ticket he going have to pay that 15 bucks anyway.

Kevinmcd28
8 years ago

Hey Reece Im assuming the Con badge thing doesnt mean we need it physically before we arrived just bought online correct? Can you email me to double check. Also how many players do you currently have for fantasy?

Rich with GSI
8 years ago

Are the Format and FAQ docs going to change significantly for the LVO?

Dean
Dean
8 years ago

hey reecius my sister and her bf bought my con ticket as an Xmas gift for the LVO and was just making sure that i will be able to show up and play

Dean
Dean
Reply to  Reecius

ok cool, they bought both for me as an xmas gift ill let him/ her know to email you

Hotsauceman1
Hotsauceman1
8 years ago

How will you be giving out pairings and table #’s?

Hotsauceman1
Hotsauceman1
Reply to  Reecius

Im serious. I know you said something about TOF, but my phone doesnt support an app for TOF

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x