Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep White Scars vs Tyranids

nid.01

In this game, Captn Dees busts out his tournament winning White Scars against Frankie who’s playing my Nids! These guys are playing on a ‘Grassy Plains’ Mega Mat, check out our KickStarter! Also, check out our upcoming Tabletop Gaming Convention, the Las Vegas Open, February 7-9th at Ballys in Vegas! Check out the Tactics Corner for more videos and articles!

21 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep White Scars vs Tyranids”

1. Azgrim December 12, 2013 7:32 pm #

Whats keno doing with that boyscout in the back room?….(6:35)

Reecius December 12, 2013 7:35 pm #

They’re playing Pope and Alter Boy! Haha, just kidding, that is a super cool kid that has an Eldar army and every single model is painted! He’s a really nice young man, and I think he is going to be a really solid 40k hobbyist in his day.

2. Trueknight December 12, 2013 7:42 pm #

He should get a boyscout badge for 40k! lol

Reecius December 12, 2013 7:55 pm #

Haha, that would be awesome!

• James Carmona
        kontraktkiller December 12, 2013 8:04 pm #

Hey Reece… If we went camping and one morning you woke up with peanut butter on your butt, would you tell anyone?

Reecius December 12, 2013 8:31 pm #

Hell yeah! I’d be like, I crapped peanut butter last night, I’m gonna be rich!

• James Carmona
            kontraktkiller December 12, 2013 8:45 pm

First of all, well played sir. But for the record, I’d still take you camping anyways. I’m prepared for the recourse

• Jason Brown December 13, 2013 10:19 am

So the big D blast template is peanut butter?

Reecius December 13, 2013 11:54 am

No, the Helstrom Template is! haha

3. DCannon4Life December 12, 2013 8:26 pm #

Couple things: 1) New ‘Nids win that (even a slightly different ‘Nid build-more shooty-wins that). 2) I enjoyed the way that kid checked the bill for a watermark/security strip. Savvy.

Reecius December 12, 2013 8:32 pm #

HI hope the new Nids are bad ass. I really want them to break up this stagnant meta we find ourselves in.

• winterman December 12, 2013 9:26 pm #

I’ll drink to that! Cheers!

• DCannon4Life December 12, 2013 9:26 pm #

I’m strangely (and for no good reason) confident that they will. I think Tyranid synergy is going to require a fair amount of rethinking the ‘all-comers’ list(s)

I have over 30 warriors, from the days when they could fill multiple FoC roles. I also have over 20 Gene Stealers, 8-10 Ripper bases and 16 or so ‘Gaunts. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a ‘small ball’ army being remotely viable. I don’t think it’s likely, but I’d play it anyway, for the nostalgia/lolz.

Reecius December 12, 2013 10:27 pm #

Nice one! Yeah, if the rumors of EW are true? Game on! If they get that and invul saves, plus AP2 shooting they are going to rock house. I sincerely hope so and that is one of the main reasons we are going to allow them so close to the event.

You can bet your bottom dollar we will be pumping out content on how to kick ass with Nids the DAY they come out! haha

4. novaStar December 12, 2013 9:34 pm #

was the trygon a prime? and also would it have been better to deepstrike the trygon and have your walk on gaunts come up through its tunnel?

Reecius December 12, 2013 10:27 pm #

Frankie doesn’t play nids, so he probably made some mistakes! haha

5. Callofdoobie December 13, 2013 9:45 am #

Enjoy Doom while you can. I’m so bummed they’re getting rid of him =(

I still feel like White Scars are the best chapter in the marine book, the meanness you could create with them and Ravenwing, although you’ll probably never see it cause people hate the poor DA codex. Not to mention it would be less grav guns, and that’s just wrong.

• Jason Brown December 13, 2013 10:22 am #

OOE rumors will make him the new black. Doom might stil
      l be there.

Reecius December 13, 2013 12:15 pm #

Fingers crossed! I think he and the Pod are probably gone because other companies made the models and after Chapter House, GW doesn’t want to risk it. Just a guess, though.

Reecius December 13, 2013 11:55 am #

Me too. Noooooooooooooooo! If that is true, my awesome Rock N Roll Doom conversion will be for naught!