Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report: Black Legion Supplement vs. Necrons

science

We try out the new Black Legion Chaos Supplement and Frankie uses all of his cheesy might to create a pretty nasty list!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
37 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Invok93
Invok93
8 years ago

Don’t Tau Blacksun filters ignore blind?

Puretide1
Puretide1
Reply to  Invok93

Yes the blacksun filters ignores blind so the pyshic power might do some damage but won’t make tau bs1, all tau suits have them standard only units apart from the aliens who can’t get blacksun filters for tau is fire warriors, cadre fireblade and the 2 named ethereals but aun’va dosen’t shoot and is ws1 anyway and aunshi is I5 pathfinders can get blacksun free very cheap and ethereal only a bit more, drones can push blind test 4 cadre or fire warriors to I4 if you don’t join anyone with blacksun filter, vespid are I6 kroot can get a hound to make them I5.

But it was a great battle report as always keep them coming but do you thing you will be doin a battle report with the farsight enclave anytime soon can’t find 1 anywhere.

Puretide1
Puretide1
Reply to  Reecius

no worries man

I am glad my tau are basically immune to blind with all the stuff coming out and doin it I like to shoot my guns 🙂

steven morrow
steven morrow
Reply to  Puretide1

Yes they have plenty of defense against it but how many tau players are making full use of them. Every tau list i haven seen has not given a second thought to blind defense.

bugsculptor
Reply to  Invok93

Yeah, but it’s not all good news for Tau. That nova power is going to be brutal at knocking out multiple small squads of pathfinders in cover.

If you want a couple of units of pathfinders on the table to give you an overwatch cascade on a charging unit, that power could kill both of them before they do it.

bugsculptor
Reply to  Reecius

Yeah, on average it kills four or five pathfinders, with no saves. If you roll one point above average you’ll just wipe a unit, their only defence is hoping for lots of ones from the chaos player.

steven morrow
steven morrow
8 years ago

Pathfinders drones Kroot ethereals cadre fireblades firewarriors all don’t like being blinded. You can cripple a lot of tau support staff and gunline with blind. Freeing you to concentrate on the battlesuits for a turn without exposing yourself to massed antipersonel fire. If they use pathfinders for markerlight support it will neuter fire for at least one turn. Marker drone led by commanders wont care but if they are with drones and not broadsides that could be a bonus anyway.

Puretide1
Puretide1
Reply to  steven morrow

well I always get a blacksun filter if I run pathfinders, most tau players I know take kroot hounds for a better outflank and drones are I4 so are as likely to be blinded as marines

dr.insanotron
dr.insanotron
Reply to  Puretide1

Sure but the Kroot have bigger things to worry about. like say 2d6 str.4 ap5 hits that ignore cover

Gordy
Gordy
8 years ago

Deepstriking units is one big reason to keep around a blast weapon or two. Like with Riptides, the HBC might strictly be better, but one with the Ion Accelerator makes it a really bad idea to try any deepstrike shennanigans.

Alan
Alan
Reply to  Gordy

Definitely. Not to mention, at least for me, the HBC is such a heavy trade off in terms of it basically being a “slowly but surely” suicide machine in terms of the amount of gets hot rolls you are forced to make, an average of 2 per turn if your’e taking the nova’s 12 shots (not to mention nova charge rolls itself). Those S7/8 pie plates are any MEQ/TEQ nightmare, especially for those Paladins.

Black Blow Fly
8 years ago

Awesome batrep ! This is my favorite 6th edition batrep by far.

steven morrow
steven morrow
8 years ago

Im just wondering if tau have won a big tournament yet.

bogalubov
bogalubov
Reply to  steven morrow

The tau eldar combo won the Golden Throne. That combo is currently the deadliest.

dr.insanotron
dr.insanotron
Reply to  bogalubov

Tau also won Killadephia, the TSHFT invitational, and the ETC singles event. So yeah some pretty good events

steven morrow
steven morrow
Reply to  dr.insanotron

ok thanks guys. I havent seen much information on most tournaments beyond golden throne.

MikhailLenin
8 years ago

Btw you only get 1 Deny the Witch for Nova Powers. You pick your best available roll once.

MikhailLenin
Reply to  MikhailLenin

I should add that if you fail the Deny, the power will trigger against all units within range.

steven morrow
steven morrow
Reply to  Reecius

Each units denies the witch if they make it that unit is not affected. Deny doesn’t cance the power completely. Look in brb for the deny the witch rule.

MikhailLenin
Reply to  Reecius

Why would they write this then?

Q: If the Blood Lance or Jaws ofthe World Wolf psychic power
(or any beam power for that matter) passes through more than one
enemy unit, does my opponent get to make a Denythe Witch roll for
each unit affected? (p69)
A: No. The first unit affected by the psychic power can
attempt to Deny the Witch, but if that test is failed, every
enemy unit is affected as normal.

Nova Star
Nova Star

3.5 iron warriors called and want their obliterators back lol

Nova Star
Nova Star
8 years ago

In my pants lol, in all seriousness lets do a “retro” day ad use your favorite codex in 6th ed

Nova Star
Nova Star
Reply to  Nova Star

To clarify I mean favorite codex, as in chaos 3.5 or eye of terror for you 13th company fans

bugsculptor
8 years ago

Hey Reece – you may want to try out adding a junky aegis line and comms array to this army, this game would’ve been much less rough if your bikes and monolith had both come on a couple of turns earlier…

bugsculptor
Reply to  Reecius

I don’t think you can do comms and quad gun. You can have one warrior or immortal unit sit back and man the comms array for turns 2-3, then abandon it and port to the monolith once it arrives.

I think for 70pts, having your monolith on the board for an extra turn or two would be worth trying. If you stack that with deep striking the deathmarks and reserving the bikes, it could be good – I know from tyranids how powerful reserves bonuses can be getting you an extra turn out of deep striking units and helping twice as many threats come on in the same turn. It also gives you an option to place one “relatively safe objective” with an aegis cover save and go to ground by it, forcing the enemy to get to it and clear it out… and as soon as they commit anything to moving that way you can teleport the unit to the monolith anyway!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x