Signals from the Frontline: News, Rumors, Rants and Raves, Occasionally Something Useful!
Press play to listen to the podcast, follow the link to see the show notes with links.
- We’ve got the new Magic the Gathering sets in stock, Dragons Maze! $3.20 for a pack, $105 for a box, $34 for a fat pack, limited quantities on those.
- New x-wing expansion on the way! http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4116
- HiTech Miniatures releases a new model, Vladar Korsakoff. He looks very cool, and is clearly a 40K inspired model. Looks like he has Termie armor and a thunder hammer. http://hitechminiatures.com/2/product/info/118
- Puppet’s war releases a new concept for their Steam Jump backpack. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=570871572944499&set=a.192205597477767.49794.159776737387320&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
- Maki Games is releasing new gothic SciFi terrain sets, mostly container boxes. Looks pretty cool. http://www.maki-games.com/#!previews/c1snf
- Check out the new Lord Inquisitor movie update! Looking cool, so far. https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2013/05/07/lord-inquisitor-movie-update/
- Antenocities Workshop is launching a new model concept that looks pretty fantastic. It is a SciFi dropship that will be made in 28mm and 15mm.
- New character concept for Wild West Exodus: Sheriff Mic Ironclad. http://wild-west-exodus.mybigcommerce.com/productimage.php?product_id=85
- New concept from Brushfire, an Otter Ashigaru! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=459358964139135&set=a.210377159037318.52296.144306465644388&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
- That ties in with the new Turtle Mage shooting a fireball from Dark Sword miniatures! Teenage Mutant Ninja Pathfinder! http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/
- Robotech hits $565K on Kickstarter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts
- All Quiet on the Martian Front launched their kickstarter with a bang! The passed their $50K goal in days, already at $65K! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1117201778/all-quiet-on-the-martian-front-miniature-tanks-vs
- New Micro Art Studios bases, Chaos Wastes: http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/chaos-waste-bases-ellipse-120mm-p-921.html
- New German Half-Track released from Warlord Games: http://www.warlordgames.com/34740/new-german-u304f-halftrack-with-pak-36-2/
- Battlefront releasing some gorgeous new 15mm buildings for Flames of War (or any 15mm game) http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3880
- Deadzone is rocking their Kickstarter. They’ve got $350K so far and are now showing pictures of the terrain they’re going to make which is really fantastic and would be great for any Sci-Fi game. They’ve also released their Alpha Game rules for download. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/deadzone-the-sci-fi-miniatures-board-game/posts
- Deep Wars releases some new terrain and models! http://antimatter-games.com/
- New femal Dwarves from Scibor. That dude’s Dwarf crazy: http://sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2013/big/dwarves_female_characters_set2_01.jpg
- Secret Weapon reveals their new Rolling Hills tablescapes on Kickstarter, which is at $210K! Good for them. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084069684/tablescapes-by-secret-weapon-miniatures/posts/472730
Eldar Rumors via Dakka and BoLS
– Autarchs take Paths. These represent completed paths they have walked and are tied to the various aspects. By taking a path you make the respective aspect warrior a troop choice (the exception are reapers who just become scoring)
– Overall point cost reduction (guardians see it the most, aspect warriors see it the least, but are instead a fair margin better with only a minor cost decrease for two of the schools).
– new special rule that influence how howling banshees interact in combat. It’s current iteration really makes them feel like glass cannons that are amazing at what they’re designed to do.
-Seer councils have brotherhood of psykers (the farseers still cast their own abilities in addition, but two farseers together cast more than 2 farseers separately)
– in general, aspect warriors are hyper focused and hyper successful if used properly
– No new aspect
– 2 new flyers
– lots of units get access to skyfire
– new tank (on falcon chasis)
– Avatar is buffed a lot
– Two new special characters
– exarchs are all really good in duels in different ways
– farseers are still awesome psykers
– warlocks improve deny the witch.
– falcon/wave serpent point reduction
– way to make some of the craftworld specific lists
– additional rules for allying with dark eldar
– expanded fluff on the war in heaven
The Dark Reaper Exarch regains a classic weapon option from the days of yore. HINT, HINT – it involves skulls and chain.
Aspect Warriors are moving to plastic using the “combo-unit” dual-build format GW has moved to of late. We’ll leave it up to you to guess which aspects could be paired off into combo-kit boxes with differing heads/weapon options.
The new Eldar flyer is quite curved in nature, with sweeping lines all about. A real head turner.
The new Eldar “big kit” is a wraith construct that shares numerous design cues with the current War Walker – but much larger. A “virtual” beast…
Eldar keep thier distance from Tau from an overall design theme. They will be the masters of maneuver and outright speed. Look for multiple options and units types for jetbikes including up-armored and even faster versions. Jetbikes as a family may well become the staple hallmark of the army. They will come in multiple flavors with both anti-personnel and anti-armor types.
FOC wise, look for a whole lot of jumping about of units between the HEAVY SUPPORT, FAST ATTACK, and ELITES slots. There will be difficult player decisions to be made in those areas.
Eldar were supposedly getting the following:
New tank chassis, 2 builds, between falcon and cobra in size, one build had transport capacity and some type of melta or flame based weapon (fusion cannon iirc) the other build was essentially a flakk cannon, but not the same as the fw firestorm, bigger tl guns.
There was a new avatar sculpt but im pretty sure that ended up being a designer test seen at GD
Wraithguard get a plastic box with new weapon variants. Lots of rumors of dial build, but nothing i’ve heard enough of to know what’s true.
Heavy rumors of new jetbikes, building guardian and shining spears.
However, it seems to be a trend not to release too many rehash boxes. If we got wraithguard, jetbikes, and an avatar all in this release, well I’ll be broke and need new shorts.
Rumors have pointed to a new farseer model, and thats all but confirmed by your recent post.
The bomber and fighter do not share a box from everything I’ve heard. The fighter is “very” similar to the nightwing, except for the wing shape. One of the two is rumored to use some form of distortion weapon, be it bomb or missiles I don’t know.
Rumors of a new aspect exist, the word i’ve heard is this has something to do with wraith constructs, but really even that is too vague.
I know others have said there is a large wraith construct, but none of my sources are backing this now, fwiw.
For the release there are two new aspect exarch or p lord (not sure which) sculpts in finecast, and one named hq, these are all new scuplts, but could be old characters.
Ive been told guardians are getting a new box to make them and storm guardians. Again, i cant believe wed get so many redone plastics. But it makes sense on its own.
So to boil it down, from the new new dept could be 2 flyers, a dual build tank, a new large walker/mc, a few blisters, and a new aspect.
Then on top of that old models getting plastics.
Its just way too much for a release, so what will stick and what wont?
- Submitting another list for review. Trying to be as TAC as possible.
- 1750 Pts – Chaos Space Marines/Imperial Guard Roster – The Virulent Host
- Total Roster Cost: 1749
- HQ: Chaos Lord (1#, 165 pts) Following Reeces advice on the LC/PF and the Bike.
- 1 Chaos Lord, 165 pts = (base cost 65 + Mark of Nurgle 15 + Lightning Claw x1 15 + Power Fist x1 25 + Sigil of Corruption 25) + Chaos Bike 20
- Troops: Plague Marines (6#, 174 pts) Required troop. I don’t like the idea of cultists. CSM should be CSM!
- 5 Plague Marines, 150 pts = 5 * 24 (base cost 24) + Plasma gun x2 30
- 1 Plague Champion, 24 pts
- Troops: Plague Marines (7#, 198 pts) Required troop. I don’t like the idea of cultists. CSM should be CSM!
- 6 Plague Marines, 174 pts = 6 * 24 (base cost 24) + Plasma gun x2 30
- 1 Plague Champion, 24 pts
- Fast Attack: Heldrake (1#, 170 pts) Auto-include.
- 1 Heldrake, 170 pts, Baleflamer
- Heavy Support: Obliterator (3#, 237 pts) Swiss Army Knife, Baby!
- 3 Obliterator, 237 pts = 3 * 79 (base cost 70 + Mark of Nurgle 6 + Veterans of the Long War 3)
- HQ: Primaris Psyker (1#, 70 pts) Required. Too bad no Devination.
- 1 Primaris Psyker (HQ) [Guard], 70 pts
- Troops: Veteran Squad (10#, 155 pts) Required, really like including my autocannon conversion.
- 7 Veteran Squad (Troops) [Guard], 124 pts = 7 * 7 (base cost 7) + Plasma gun x3 45 + Grenadiers 30
- 1 Veteran Heavy Weapon Team [Guard], 24 pts = (base cost 14 + Autocannon 10)
- 1 Veteran Sergeant [Guard], 7 pts
- Heavy Support: Leman Russ Squadron (2#, 380 pts) Super killy templates!
- 1 Leman Russ Squadron (Heavy) [Guard], 0 pts
- 1 Leman Russ Executioner [Guard], 190 pts
- 1 Leman Russ Executioner [Guard], 190 pts
- Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 130 pts) Mostly for anti-air/armor and transport, if necessary.
- 1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron (Fast) [Guard], 0 pts
- 1 Vendetta [Guard], 130 pts
- Aegis Defence Lines (1#, 70 pts) Need the relay!
- 1 Aegis Defence Lines [Guard], 70 pts = (base cost 50 + Comms Relay 20)