New Raven Guard Story Inbound from the Black Library!

I have always really liked the Raven Guard and would love to read more about them.

I am currently reading Wrath of Iron, a really enjoyable book about the Iron Hands which has me seriously contemplating using my extra Marin Bits to paint up an army of them as their fluff is so cool and the paint scheme is easy, and nothing I have done before (all of my armies are super bright).

Similarly, the Raven Guard are a super cool chapter from a fluff perspective (I love the idea of stealthy, fighting dirty, pragmatic, commando style Marines) so I am excited to learn more about them.

The video is pretty lame honestly, but it gives us an idea of what to expect in terms of subject: the Raven Guard.

8 Responses to “New Raven Guard Story Inbound from the Black Library!”

1. mercutioh March 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Stealthy pragmatic commando Marines that fight dirty……So why did you sell off the Night lords exactly? death to the false Emperor and remember the emperor may protect but Slaanesh has free lap dances.

Reecius March 13, 2013 12:52 pm

I didn’t sell the Night Lords! Muahaha! They may be making a come back…..as counts as Blood Angels! hahah, that is the only way I can think to make them worth a damn.

2. KEO March 13, 2013 12:45 pm

I love the Ravenguard can’t wait to get some combat patrols in with my little Ravenguard force.

Reecius March 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Yeah, they are super cool. I have Shadow Captain Korvedae just because he is such a cool model!

3. Mercutioh March 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I dunno a Night Lords Heldrake List seems appropriate. Nothing makes you crap your pants like three mechanical dragons showing up out of nowhere to burninate the village.

Reecius March 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Haha, true, but I want to use actual CSMs, and they are pretty crummy.

4. Mercutioh March 13, 2013 4:37 pm

You just need to use your magic GW fluff retcon wand. you know the one where they made it seem kinda bad ass that Abby got it handed to him 13 FRIGGIN TIMES!

Night Lords use Heldrakes as their strike force……….With Heldrakes as support. Oh and zombies and Typhus. Plus Daemons. Also they get magic death grenades cause magic death grenades are freaking wicked awesome. DONE son!

I don’t always rewrite good fluff with crappy retcons……But when I do I go full on Mat Ward with that Buisiness.

Reecius March 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Haha, right? Why are CSM’s so crappy? I have heard of folks doing well with them, but I have yet to actually see it done.