Video Battle Report: Marines vs. Harliestar 1750pts BAO Test Match

Video Battle Report

In this game, Facepuncher takes his Blood Angels/Ultramarines out against Frankie’s Harliestar in this 1750pt BAO Test Match.

17 Responses to “Video Battle Report: Marines vs. Harliestar 1750pts BAO Test Match”

1. Charlie December 8, 2012 3:34 pm #

Wow….

I’ve had similar feelings when you can’t seize the initiative and get the Harliestar punked in turn 1. Well played on the BA/SM opponent.

Also, I like how the Eldar army is shaping up. I did my Jetbikes up in a similar fashion in regards to the flame on the cowl:

Reecius December 8, 2012 4:40 pm #

Damn, your bikes look awesome!

And yeah, when you can get the moon and the stars to align like that, the Harliestar goes down quick style.

• Charlie December 9, 2012 4:56 am #

Thanks.

The options I can think of in this particular game were to either use a squad of DE Warriors/Fuegan to keep the Drop Pods away from the Harliestar, but then you sacrifice a scoring unit. If you were really lucky, Fuegan would be the closest model and could try to absorb some of the hits (he works great at absorbing flamer hits…silly mixed armor save rules). The other option was to hang them back in reserve. Even without fortune, I think the Harlies/Eldrad/Vect would stop any of the SM/BA units, including Lysander.

But, these kinds of games happen and you just have to smile and take your lumps.

Reecius December 9, 2012 2:27 pm #

Yeah, I agree. Either bubble wrap or just play the odds and if you crap out, take it on the chin.

2. Murphus December 8, 2012 5:11 pm #

I dont see how you cant beat the harliestar, Reece. Look how easy some piddly ol space marines did it…

kudos to david though, well played!

Reecius December 8, 2012 5:41 pm #

Hahaha, I think this proves I just suck at 40K!

3. jy2
    jy2 December 8, 2012 10:31 pm #

Frankie just got caught with his pants down. Almost like the time I went first and deployed my 2 flyrants out in the open….only to get the initiative stolen. It was just one of those games. Great play by Facepuncher also.

Reecius December 9, 2012 2:26 pm #

Exactly, he got kicked in the nuts and couldn’t recover, but like you said, well done to Facepuncher!

4. Son Of Dorn December 8, 2012 10:37 pm #

Threre’s a mention of Lysander taking 3 wounds, but he only has 3. Were those LOS’d to some of the Sternguard that died?

• jy2
      jy2 December 8, 2012 10:41 pm #

Unless it got FAQ’d somewhere, Lysander has 4 Wounds.

• Son Of Dorn December 9, 2012 1:36 pm #

Whoops. I was thinking of Pedro. Been using him the last few games and it’s throwing me off! 🙂

5. Skari December 9, 2012 6:20 am #

Awesome. It’s nice to see the harliestar getting painted. Great fun watch. Do I feel bad for the harliestar star? Hello no. Hehe.

Reecius December 9, 2012 2:27 pm #

I feel no remorse for them, either! haha

6. jy2
    jy2 December 9, 2012 8:10 am #

I think the Harliestar has overtaken Draigowing as Public Enemy #1.

Reecius December 9, 2012 2:28 pm #

That may very well be the case!

7. David Key December 9, 2012 9:07 am #

Haha. Man I enjoyed slaughtering the little pointy ears this game. I did not even have to get Frankie drunk this time to beat him! =)

No, Seriously though. I only won due to a perfect alignment of the stars. 2 crucial things really went my way: 1. I actually retained first turn, AND 2. Vect ate shit by rolling 3 consecutive “1s” (the third role required a “6”, but just thought I would mention what crappy luck) for his armor save. Once he ate it, the damage output is just not there.

Oh yeah…. I also made like 90% of my armor saves turn from turn three on. Like insane dice.

Hey Frankie, question. Going over the battle afterwards I was surprised at how much damage everything else in the army did(warwalkers and splinter rifles). I think they killed way more than the star. I think that next time I might actually just try wiping that stuff. In your experience, do they often do a ton more work because everyone is hyper focused on the the star?

• bugsculptor December 11, 2012 9:28 pm #

Well played David – I’ve been wanting to see that harliestar lose a game for a while!

I’ve found warwalkers are always public enemy number one in most footdar armies, the damage output and range they have is crazy for what they cost. Since you can drop them fairly easily with most medium-high strength shooting you need a great reason not to put them at the top of the target priority list. You had a really good reason though – tearing up the harliestar before it was fortuned was too good an opportunity to miss.