40K News: Chaos FAQ is Up!

It’s a short ‘un, but a good ‘un!

ERRATA

Page 61 – Typhus, Plague Zombies

Change to ‘Plague Zombies are Chaos Cultists that have the

Fearless, Feel No Pain and Slow and Purposeful special rules

and cannot purchase options other than to add additional

models to the unit.’

Page 69 – Axe of Blind Fury

Change first rules sentence to ‘Models with the Mark of

Khorne, or Daemons of Khorne, only.’

Page 91 – superscript note 5

Change to ‘Models with the Mark of Khorne, or Daemons of

Khorne, only.’

Page 97 – Chaos Terminators, Options, second bullet point

Change to ‘Any Chaos Terminator may choose any of the

following three options:’

Page 97 – Helbrute

Change points value to 100 points.

So that answers some of the questions! I love that they made the Axe of Khorne available to Daemon Princes and Plague Zombies able to be taken in bigger squads. That was kind of lame, before and it seemed like an obvious oversight. Our source was right on that Plague Zombie issue, too, so that was awesome.

Lowering points on the Hellbrute is interesting! Too my knowledge, that hasn’t happened before. I still wish you could take Chaos Wargear for him, though.

What do you guys think?

14 Responses to “40K News: Chaos FAQ is Up!”

1. Agen October 19, 2012 7:32 pm #

Sweet, I’m really gonna have to consider getting a Daemon Prince now…

Reecius October 19, 2012 7:47 pm #

Yeah, that Axe of Fury turns him into an absolute Lawn Mower!

2. Shane October 19, 2012 7:59 pm #

Man, I went and broke off a lot of Terminator arms and reconfigured them all to work with the new book. Wasted hobby time!

Reecius October 19, 2012 8:09 pm #

Bummer! That stinks, hopefully it’s an easy fix.

3. mercutioh October 19, 2012 9:33 pm #

umm guess that settles your troops question. Typhus and Abbadon Bros Forever!

Reecius October 20, 2012 9:56 am #

Hahahaha, right? And they form the Brute Squad of Doom!

4. Paul Cornelius October 19, 2012 10:52 pm #

The change to the price of the Hellbrute was interesting, showing GW capable of a second thought….

Reecius October 20, 2012 9:56 am #

Yeah, that was most interesting to me. I have heard rumors of some units getting a price hike that need it: Purifiers, Vendettas, etc. but I doubted it. This may be evidence to the contrary, which would be great!

5. Mark October 20, 2012 10:23 am #

I’d like to take a dirge caster on a hellbrute 🙂

Ah well, 3 brutes and 3 maulerfieds comes to 705 points

Reecius October 20, 2012 10:45 am #

Yeah, I really don’t see why the units that could make best use of them, don’t get them. A reason to buy Rhinos, I guess! Hahaha

6. Brian October 21, 2012 11:05 am #

Nice FAQ but it still doesn’t answer the current abbadon argument where people are saying he can’t join marked units

Reecius October 21, 2012 11:39 am #

I think that is a pretty silly argument, personally. I know we will rule that Abby can join any unit. I don’t think any TO in the nation will rule the other way, at least none that I speak with.

• D-ManA October 22, 2012 6:15 am #

I used Abby at a local tournament this weekend and all the player agreed that he should be able to join maked Units. My three matchups were space marine types and his 12″ PE bubble was very useful and hatred just wrecked them.

Reecius October 22, 2012 10:20 am #

I totally agree, I think that the intent is clear. I understand the argument against it, but I feel that there is no need in this case to read it the restrictive way.