Turn 7 Wargaming Golden Throne GT Video Report

Video Battle Report

Check out this very cool video put together by Tony from turn 7 Wargaming!

10 Responses to “Turn 7 Wargaming Golden Throne GT Video Report”

1. Dan August 7, 2012 12:16 pm

Any chance of posting army list, or comments on how nids performed/tactics required?

Reecius August 7, 2012 4:50 pm

Turn 7 Wargaming (Tony) posted below. He had 2 Tervies, a Flyrant, Gants, 2xDakkafexes, 2xTrygons.

He played the list very well. I will let him explain his tactics.

• bugsculptor August 7, 2012 5:11 pm

That’s pretty much the same Tyranid list I’ve been running, but with two units of hive guard and the Doom of Malantai instead of the dakkafexes.

I’d have had a pretty hard time against Jy2’s flyers if I’d run into them. Flying necrons are a tough list for nids to crack unless the mission objectives somehow fall into your lap.

• Turn 7 Wargaming August 7, 2012 5:36 pm

Flyrant (2 TL Devs/HC)
        Tervigon (Onslaught/Catalyst)
        Tervigon (Catalyst)
        10 Termagants
        Trygon (Adrenal Glands)
        Trygon (Adrenal Glands)
        2 Carnifex (2 TL Devs)

17 model Nidzilla. As for tactics and performance, I already have a bunch of my planned tactics on my site, and this next week I will have full battle reports of my games posted as well as changes I plan to make for my next GT which is at 2K in September. You can check that out at http://www.turn7wargaming.com/.

One thing that I am thinking is whether or not to drop the Tyrant and he is the weakest link in the list, but at the same time allows me lots of tactical flexibility. I am interested to test how adding a second tyrant will either help eliminate these problems or whether it exacerbates them.

2. Hippesthippo August 7, 2012 1:11 pm

Not to troll or anything, but.. Wow.. Those tables just look straight up.. Yeah.. “Green trashbags,” couldn’t be more accurate, and that volcano looks like a 5th grade science fair project.

Great video, it’s nice being able to see all the different viewpoints on 6th.

Random charge length = lulz.

• Turn 7 Wargaming August 7, 2012 1:27 pm

Terrain is always tough for a first time event as it is a lot of sunk capital as well as time. On top of that the TO Rob, who is a great guy, had the store he owns broken into two weeks before the event taking up a lot of time that he would have put toward finishing off the tables. Next year terrain will be better I am sure.

• Hippesthippo August 7, 2012 8:35 pm

With two weeks left it is prolly time to start asking around for terrain.. Not trying to build it.

I am sure it will be better next year, but I can see why people were complaining.

Reecius August 8, 2012 11:11 am

Good point, and I am sure it will be addressed next time.

Reecius August 7, 2012 4:51 pm

Their store also got broken into the week before the event, which really set them back. I am sure they’ll have better terrain next year.

• Hippesthippo August 7, 2012 8:31 pm

I know I know. I understand the difficulties, and I heard about the burglary. Just saying.. Trash bags? Borrow terrain? Make it playable.