40K Video Bat Rep Double Header: Jy2 vs Frankie and Reecius

We’ve got a good one for you guys, Jy2 busts out his Daemon Flying Circus list against Frankie’s Dark Harliestar and then Reecius’ Sons of AnOrky.

Lists:

1500 Daemons

Kairos Fateweaver

Bloodthirster – Blessings of the Blood God, Unholy Might (Warlord)

5x Pink Horrors – Bolt, Changeling

3x Guardian Jetbikes

3x Guardian Jetbikes

3x War Walkers – 2x Scatter Lasers each

3x War Walkers – 2x Scatter Lasers each

Vect

5x Kabalite Warriors – Venom

10 Responses to “40K Video Bat Rep Double Header: Jy2 vs Frankie and Reecius”

1. Hippesthippo July 27, 2012 2:04 am

Why wasn’t the harliestar running forward earlier?

2. jy2
    jy2 July 27, 2012 5:58 am

They were a reactionary force to take down any grounded FMc’s. But mainly, Frankie made a mistake and split them off a little too late.

3. Mark July 27, 2012 5:59 am

My problem playing deathstar units, they go forth, kill something, do stuff, then sit around. With the nob bikers, you have some mobility, which helps, but I got totally hosed by a lash prince after hosing some oblits.

• jy2
      jy2 July 27, 2012 6:10 am

Actually, Frankie and Reece both address this problem (enemy psychic powers) with a Runes of Warding Farseer and Eldrad.

The trick about playing against deathstar units is to pull them in different directions. That means to spread out the objectives, (though that also means you need to have mobile troops in order to do so). After, they can only be in 1 place at a time unless they split up, in which case they are vulnerable.

However, if playing the Relic and 1 of the 2 most resilient troop units in the game (with the other being Draigowing) grabs the objective, then I am afraid there is not much you can do. Against this type of army, you NEED to get First Blood and then pray you can kill the model holding the relic on Turn 5….and then pray the game ends.

Reecius July 27, 2012 8:45 am

I agree, which is why I take a Frasser with RoW! You might have missed that, perhaps? Lash is actually not the worst power out there for Nob Bikers now, a lot of the BRB powers are devastating. You HAVE to have Psyker defense if you want to run the Nob Biker list, IMO.

• Chris July 28, 2012 12:35 am

Hey Reece you said that Nids are good in this edition and briefly went on to say a little bit of what is good. Could you give me the units or list that would be good as I have a nid player friend who insists they are still rubbish and totally disagrees with you. I dont play nids but would like to play against him with your ideas and beat him… no worries if you dont have time

• ScouseMatt July 28, 2012 2:06 am

Yeah I’d be interested in seeing a batrep of a Swarmlord deathstar or a psychic farm list. Im just so excited that Nids seem to be coming back to play.

Sweet batreps tho guys, thought the first one especially showed how an army like demons can upset an opponents focus by dropping big beasties all around them that scare and distract the enemy.

Reecius July 28, 2012 8:48 am

Glad you liked them!

And yeah, I will post a bat rep with nids as soon as I finish putting my new stuff together. I am loving them and Swary will walk through a Deathstar by himself!

Reecius July 28, 2012 8:47 am

Yeah for sure, I will write an article about it and do a video bat rep with them. So far, I am loving them. They are great in 6th ed.

• Chris July 29, 2012 5:57 am

Excellent. Look forward to seeing it!

Will you be running 2 stormlords?