Press play to listen to the podcast!

18 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: 6th ed Thoughts (more of em!), Puppetswar Releases, FW Rules Update”

1. Pascal Roggen July 14, 2012 1:17 am #

easiest way to do it, drop pod into the necs deployment, kill everything there, win turn one. also, you can move into there deployment, and then they can’t shoot you really

Reecius July 15, 2012 8:57 am #

Yeah, if you can pull that off, that would totally do it. We thought of that one too, I just wonder how hard it would be to pull off.

2. Dahlvash July 14, 2012 3:01 am #

I want the Matt aWard, I simply must have it, my being longs for it!

Reecius July 15, 2012 8:58 am #

Hahaha, right?! I thought I was pretty clever with that one! haha

3. shmabadu July 14, 2012 4:03 am #

First of all, your nobs are SAMKRO, get it? the ‘Kro’ is ork spelled backwards, genius!

Second, to beat the necron list you put forward.

2 Ork Warbosses, no wargear

3 squads of 15 Lootas

3 Dakkajets, extra supa shoota, flya ace

4 squads of 14 grots w/ runt herder

Aegis defense line with quad gun

The warbosses deploy with the Lootas, at their front to soak up wounds. The Lootas can move into area terrain if they don’t start the game in some, which won’t affect there primary roll of firing off as many shots as possible at the flyers, as they snap fire either way. By moving into area terrain, they can, when needed go to ground and get 2+ added to there cover save ( a possible 3+ or 2+ save!), again this won’t affect there rolls. One Grot squad mans the quad gun, while the rest are there for objective grabbers, and can go ground when needed. The Dakkajets come in to dogfight the Necron flyers, their Waaagh plane rule will devastate the Night Scythe and Doom Scythe.

Reecius July 15, 2012 8:59 am #

SamKro! Hahaha, nice!

That is a list that may work, nice one. If you give the Warboos Mega Armor the Lootas can move and shoot, too! Plus the Warboss fights better that way, as well.

4. Kombat July 14, 2012 4:06 am #

I think the easiest way to beat that list is either you swamp the objectives with large squads (IG blobs, termagaunts, ork mobs) that way the opponent cannot reach the objectives. ALso i would place my objectivs as close as possible to my opponents deploymentzone. And i would try and move as quickly as possible towards my opponents boardedge. Also focus on the doom scythes though the night scythes does far less dmg. And as soon he starts to drop off some his troops you need to focus on his warriors and 5 warriors ain´t that hard to bring down. And if possible in your first turn try and shoot immotekh even though he is up to 36″ you only need statistically 18 wounds for him to die and then he just need to fail a 5+ and if you do he will loose the game.

Eventhough that list sounds intimidating i think with good tactics it is easilly beatable because it is so one dimensional.

I think it is also important to dont give out skyfire too easilly because it will really hurt the balanced list who only use a few flyers and it wont help too much against heavy flyer list anyways.

Reecius July 15, 2012 9:00 am #

We were thinking the same thing about making Skyfire too easy as it hurts the solo flyer lists. The Flying Circus will be brutal, but like you said, if you get close to their table edge, they will only shoot you once as they come on and then they have to fly over you. It may not be that crazy, but we’re building this list for a client now, so we’ll give it a try and film it.

5. Alarum July 14, 2012 4:20 am #

The Evil sons of anorky!
    I think 1550 or 1600 for tourney games. It will give you the chance to take that extra wargear or something a bit different Than your opponent. I found that lists were very similar at 1500 and tha extra 50 points could make all the difference.

Reecius July 15, 2012 9:01 am #

Yes! I thought that name was o cool, maybe a little too pleased with myself! hahaha

Yeah, we’ll try 1600, that might be a nice compromise, or even 1650? 1500 so far seems to be working well.

6. J4ck_Fr0st July 14, 2012 1:16 pm #

I could beat that flyer list with my nova list easy. First turn, with death marks on the board and a veiltek in them, nominate imotekh, veil next to him, and flatten him with 20 shots that wound on a 2 and rend. Shortest game ever.

Reecius July 15, 2012 9:02 am #

hahaha, that would do it! I think a lot of lists lack that ability, though. And, Imotekh could always stand back up, too.

7. Vdor103 July 15, 2012 4:13 am #

Thanks for the heads up on Karandras in the deathstar. I was up torn between adding either Asurmen, Fuegan & Karandras in a last minute list for a local tourney, but you guys helped me make up my mind.

HE’S DA’ BOSS

I still have a lot to learn in general, but with this unit, I felt like I was always in the game. Keep up the signals, and happy B-day Frankie!

Reecius July 15, 2012 9:12 am #

Awesome! Glad we could help.

We’ve found that unit to be so dang good, too. Just brutal.

8. windir83 July 15, 2012 10:25 am #

Can’t seem to find that play button this time around.Tried my phone, my laptop and my stationary pc.Anyone know how to sort this problem out?

Reecius July 15, 2012 2:41 pm #

FIxed it. For some reason it disappeared. Might need to change who we host our Podcast with.

9. Elios Harg July 16, 2012 4:35 am #

I feel now is a great time to push for Forgeworld units to become mainstream, it gives the ability for armies to compete without having to resort to allies.

Reecius July 16, 2012 9:06 am #

We agree, and think we may do just this. Hopefully the community is accepting of it.