40K: 6th Ed Space marines vs. Space Wolves 1500pts

Frankie and Kyle battle it out with “normal” armies in this 1500pt game.

13 Responses to “40K: 6th Ed Space marines vs. Space Wolves 1500pts”

1. Son Of Dorn July 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Great battle report. Looked like a real tug of war up until the end. Those are the best games 🙂

I’m curious. Would it not have been better to have the Scout throwing Krak grenades in the absence of being able to shoot its/their sniper rifle(s)?

Keep it up. Looking forward to the next one. 😀

• white925 July 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah I realized that I should have thrown the grenades after looking back at the game. And I am glad you enjoyed the battle report it was a lot of fun making it.

• Son Of Dorn July 12, 2012 4:44 pm

It sure looked like it 🙂 I’ve forgotten to throw them, too. Could be a decent way of softening units up for assault. Less overwatch coming back your way if you can get the blast in there.

Reecius July 13, 2012 10:34 am

Yeah, and Krak grenades are great for stripping HP off of tanks.

2. Jeremy Veysseire
    MikhailLenin July 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Didn’t Arjacc get FAQ that he is forced to Challenge if he can now?

Reecius July 12, 2012 3:01 pm

He did, indeed! Thanks for pointing that out.

• Jeremy Veysseire
        MikhailLenin July 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Challenges come at a mix bag, but overall they are a nice addition.

Reecius July 13, 2012 10:34 am

Definitely a new meta game to master.

3. Axientar July 15, 2012 5:29 pm

That looked like a good battle (I thought it was awesome from here).

Also, I am glad to know that Kyle CAN lose… He’s been playing for about 15 months or so, he’s played around 40ish games? (I’ll ask him later) and this is the first that he has actually lost, he has always won, except for a few ties. =)

Reecius July 16, 2012 9:11 am

Yeah, he is quite good, but if you never lose you need to play tougher comp =) The only way to get better is by challenging yourself.

• Axientar July 16, 2012 9:47 pm

My thought exactly. For example, it only took about 10 games for me to get to almost tying him by the roll of die, while it took him many more games to get to where he is. 😛

4. J4ck_Fr0st July 18, 2012 2:00 am

If a vehicle drops off troops in the move phase, it can’t move again in the shooting phase. That’s the equivalent of turbo boosting an trying to drop troops in 5th.

Reecius July 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah, we caught that one, too. Thanks for pointing it out.