These come from PaulWilson at Warseer and Tastey Taste from Bloodof Kittens.
paulwilson from Warseer wrote:We have some early information on rules and 6th edition in general taken out of the latest White Dwarf. This is a sneak peak into some of the stuff that everyone will start seeing tomorrow and over the next few days.
Some reports are conflicting on some of the details that we have heard throughout the internet, however these are collected directly out of the White Dwarf, from different articles, battle reports, army presentation, and an introductory article regarding the goals of 6th edition
the rulebook itself
– full of fluff and coverage for things that werent coverec a lot in the past
– the goal is to make the game more “cinematic”
– end of rulebook is an overview of all weapons, powers , hull points, psi powers and more fluff (how to treat laswounds on the battlefield)
– charge range (going into cc) is 2d6, jumppacks seem to enable you to REROLL it ( or it is a special rule thing, might be BA exclusive)
– wound allocation to the closest miniatures in the unit. no info if wound groups are removed
– i might have misunderstood it but : every model counts as an individual now(like in lord of the rings?) would explain the new wound allocation.
– FOC has been EXPANDED for allies, this would mean that its still foc, not percentages
– vehicle squadrons also improve shooting -> line of sight related
– there will be many rules to bring “movie-like action scenes” to the tabletop
– “defensive fire” and “snap fire” are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT things!
– “defensive fire” “additional shooting phase” for assaulted units at bs 1. NO(!!!) mention of restrictions regarding WHAT WEAPONS can be fired. the usual restrictions should apply regarding flamethrowers (no usage if own model is in line of fire)
– “snap fire” shooting after movement and hitting on a 6, lascannons (and thus all HWs) can do it. land raiders can move 6″ and shoot all weapons (1 normal, 1 via machine spirit and 2 snapshots with multi-melta and storm cannon) and a stunned cybot snap fired with a
multi-melta in one of the battle reports
– cybots have 3 hull points like “battle tanks”
– land raiders, soul grinders, ghost arc have 4
– rage is renamed to berserk : +2 attacks in melee
– smash for jumpers –> going into cc directly
– monstrous creatures can halve their attacks but double the strength
– flying monstrous creatures get their ability too, flying 24″, ignoring all weapons but anti-air ones and hit enemies they flew over with (str + w3 + 1)
– “GRENADE!” the unit mentioned is a sargeant throwing a grenade and destroying the enemy unit – no further info.
– “evasive manouvers” for landspeeders : +5 cover save normal +4 when boosting and at max. velocity
– forebarence : eldar runeprophets have it – usual bf for defensive fire
– grey knights scriptors can get mastery grade 3
– warlord traits can be passed to psykers (might be only related to GKs)
– sharpshooters can choose what target they hit on a 6 (necron eliminators)
– rapid fire weapons still shoot max distance after moving (possibly even the full amount of shots!)
– tesla weapons get an additional hit when throwing a 6 on the to-hit throws
– gauss weapons remove 1 hull point on a 6 at pen throws
– tau battle suits can fall back 2d6 in the melee phase
– apparently you can bodyguard all special characters (non independent ones on a +4)
– psi matrix +4 save for psi resistance on 6″
– power axe or powerfist needed to deny 2+ armor throws so they’re either ap 1 or ap 2 or both ap 1 or ap 2
– character models can – under certain circumstances – pick their target individually
– duelling like in warhammer
– “there are many possibilities for unknown heroes to gain fame and honor” possible hints to even more things to make the game more “cinematic” ?
– Warlords roll on a trait table (leadership, combat, tactics)
– always come in as reserves
– some weapons have the “anti air” special rule
– hard to hit when flying at max distance
– fly on 2 “levels” far above ground (cant let passengers exit, but is only hittable by anti-air weaponry) and closer to the ground (easier to hit but can load out passengers)
– destroying a flyer results in debris hitting the battlefield, damaging units
terrain and battlefield itself
– mysterious forest like in warhammer – random properties when entering
– ruins are difficult terrain, +4 cover save
– thick bushes +5 cover save and difficult terrain
– imperial statue provide fearless to imperial armies in 2″ (sob, sm and ig)
– fuel barrels etc +5 cover save, if it passes d6 –> 1 barrel explodes and does s3 to surrounding units
– fortress of redemption –> 220 pts
– craters +5 cover save
– modifiers for the whole battlefield like : higher or lower gravity, poisonous atmospheres
– usable ruins, artifacts that can turn the tide of battle
– go into the deployment zone
– skyshield landing platform : arrival of reserves can be controlled
– buildings can be upgraded – communications relais and anti-air weaponry
– bastions have av 14
– tank blockers are impassable for vehicles, dangerous terrain for bikes. provide +4 cover save
– aegis defence lines provide a +4 cover save and +1 when going to ground
– six “bloody encounters” with different goals and/or objectives : “explore and hold”
-some objectives have special abilites (aiming systems, gravity wave generator) or are, for example mined (random properties?),
– some missions make certain units scoring , fast attack units or even vehicles (“big guns never rest” but turn them into 1 “win-point” when killed/destroyed
– three secondary objectives : kill the warlord , first blood, breakthrough (invading the enemies deployment zone), each is worth 1 “win-point”
– rulebook section with scenarios to inspire the players to develop their own campains and missions
– appearantly needed is 1 hq + 1 stan.
– the chart tells us if you can take the rulebooks psi-abilities or only the ones from your codex
paultwilsons post about the abhuman is absolutely right. its part of the “armies in 6th edition” presentation. right next to it is chris peachs imperial army where he used imperial pistoliers parts etc from warhammer to create a pretty cool imperial guard army! look forward to those ones! feathers and old-school helmets!
the appendix of the rulebook covers abhumans and the like
paulwilson from Warseer wrote:Overwatch is basically a stand and shoot reaction to charging at BS1, there’s a psychic power called foreboding which gives overwatch at full BS and counter attack.
The highest LD HQ is the Warlord and gets to roll on a Warlord Trait table, before the game you roll on one of 3 tables – Command, Personal or Strategic Traits, 2 examples are Inspiring Presence; Units within 12″ use the Warlords LD. Another is Immovable Object allowing the Warlord to capture objectives solo.
Flying Monstrous creatures can swoop 24″ and perform a Vector Strike which is D3+1 hits at it’s strength on a unit it flies over (in the example it says D3+2 I don’t know if that’s specific to Daemon princes as used in the boxed example or an error)
The Fortifications have special rules too, the Bastion in the Bat rep had a quad gun which has the Interceptor rule which allows it to shoot at a unit as it arrives from reserve and the Skyfire rule which allows it to shoot flyers at normal BS rather than BS1.
Monstrous creatures get the Smash ability which allows them to halve their attacks but strike at double strength.
Bastions have AV14 all round and have a heavy bolter on each facing, they’re automated and target the nearest enemy unit, can have a comms relay or a heavy weapon on the battlement.
Tank traps are impassable terrain to all non skimmer vehicles, bikes can attempt to pass on a successful difficult terrain test, models behind it can get a 4+ cover save.
Aegis defence lines are a 4+cover save but models behind it get +2 to cover save if they go to ground behind it.
Mysterious forests are 5+ cover save, as soon as you enter you roll on the table to see what happens.
Ruins are difficult terrain and a 4+ cover save.
Wild undergrowth is a 5+ cover save and difficult terrain.
Imperial Statuary is all imperial models within 2″ of the terrain piece are fearless.
Fuel Reserves 5+ cover save, each successful cover save roll a D6, on a 1 a barrel explodes doing a strength 3 hit on any models nearby.
Impact craters are a 5+ cover save if the unit is within it’s boundaries.
Psykers can mix and match the new Psychic Disciplines, using the ones in their codex or by using the ones in the new rulebook, the example given is if space marine army had 2 librarians one could take codex powers and the other could take rulebook powers.
It says fly over the unit so I’d guess that would mean that the model would go past the unit, kinda like the DE vane blades thing.
Monstrous creatures are AP2, haven’t been able to gleam anything else.
I think that’s the case, only choose between book or codex for each psyker, but I could be wrong, WD doesn’t give a lot away.
From reading it basically says that there’s an extra bit to the FOC allies and Fortifications, doesn’t say how many slots only that (Jervis Johnson) “We expanded the Force Organisation Chart..” to allow players to use “two rival factions -engaging a mutual foe in battle”
Doesn’t mention turn order as far as I can see but Assault is 2D6″ fleet gets to reroll.
Afraid I can’t really see anything, GW keeping tight lipped until next week I think!
Do have some more snippets from random boxes and stuff…
HQ’s can challenge in single combat,
Jump packs get to re-roll charge rolls, Jet packs get to “scoot” up to 2D6″ away in the assault phase,
Rage is +2 attacks on the charge
Dreadnoughts have 3 Hull points, Soul grinder, Ghost Arks and Land raiders have 4,
Land Speeders get Jink for a +5 cover save or 4+ if flat out,
There’s a pic of a Beastman Imperial Guardsman “A type of abhuman designated Homo Sapien varatius in the rulebook’s appendix,
Snipers can select targets if they roll a 6 to hit,
Gauss weapons remove a hull point on a hit of a 6, tesla works with the overwatch (needing 6’s to hit at BS1) nicely (any sixes to hit are 2 hits),
Some Psychic powers marked as number 6 on what I would assume is a random table (looking at a picture of the cards all fanned out, can only see the top card)
Discipline of Biomancy – Haemorrage, warp charge 1, range 12″. Haemorrage is a Focused witchfire power with a range of 12″. The Target must pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour saves or cover saves allowed. If the target is slain randomly select another model (friend or foe) within 2″ of him. That model must pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour or cover saves allowed. If that model dies, continue the process until a model survives or there are no suitable targets within range.
Discipline of Divination – Scrier’s Gaze, Warp charge 1. Scrier’s Gaze is a Blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, you can roll 3 dice and choose the result you want when rolling for reserves, outflank or mysterious terrain.
Discipline of Pyromancy – Molten Beam, warp charge 2, range 12″. Molten beam is a Beam with the following profile – S8 AP1 Assault, melta
Discipline of Telekinesis – Vortex of Doom, warp charge 2, range 12″. Vortex of doom is a Witchfire power with the following profile – S10 AP1, Heavy1, Blast* *If the psychic test is failed centre the template on the psyker, it does not scatter.
Discipline of Telepathy – Hallucination, warp charge 2, range 24″. Hallucination is a Malediction that targets a single enemy unit within 24”. Roll immediately to determine the manner of hallucinations the target is suffering from (roll once for the whole unit)
d6 1-2 – Unit is pinned, unless it automatically passes pinning tests or is locked in close combat, in which case there is no effect.
3-4 – The unit cannot shoot, run, declare charges or strike blows in close combat whilst the power is in effect.
5-6 – Every Model in the unit immediately inflicts a single hit on it’s own unit, resolved at that models own strengths, but using the strength bonuses, AP values and special rules of the most powerful close combat weapons (if they have any)
We are in the final days before the release of Warhammer 6th Edition!
Like most people I am extremely excited for this release as it looks to dramatically change the game.
So before we get a chance to crack open that new book and throw some dice, it is time to give you all one last rumor that should send chills up your spine if it ends up being true.
Before I get to the rumor let us talk about truth a bit. Before I have stuck by my rumors assured that the vast majority of them were true. I like to think I have a very good track record on the matter.
For this rumor though I could end up being wrong or just missd something about how it exactly works. So let me repeat: THIS COULD END UP BEING WRONG. I just don’t have the same assurances that I have had in the past. So I with that said I would put this at 65% percent probability of being correct– if I was a betting man.
Ok, enough of me covering may ass let’s get down to the last rumor I will be having about 6th edition.
So as many of you have noticed in the leaked 6th edition pictures a little Battle Report with allies shown for each of the armies (IG/GK) and (CSM/Deamons). Here is the picture for reference…
With Allies are allowed to expand the Force Org chart which has been reported before, but what if I told you that wasn’t the whole story. What if you could break the FoC without having Allies…
Here is example of how it works.
I going to play my buddy which will be using IG and GK to face off against my poor little Nids. In 6th my bugs will not get Allies.
So how am I suppose to fight such a cheesy force?
I take 12 Hive Guard if I have to. Oh hell, let me throw in some Lictors with that as well. Oh, wait I need Ymgarls too! Now I can have it all! Well that is easy, once I fill all the “Detachment Requirements” I can now take another Detachment and a whole other set of FoC slots as needed. Detachments are not beholden to Allies it is just one of the ways you can use them. I made certain promises not to go into any more detail. I am either right or wrong, we only have one more week to find out!
I don’t know the restrictions and caveats to this rumor so let your mind run wild!
Remember play games with your friends and forget us on the Internet for at least the weekend. We all will have plenty of time bitch about this addition for years to come =)
And rumors on the Starter Set:
Hastings wrote:The 6th ed Starter Set will be Dark Angels vs Chaos
The Chaos forces are made up of CSM Chosen, as well as Cultists/Traitors and a funky Chaos Dreadnought…. amongst others
I’m expecting the Starter Set mid September
There is a special (Limited run) edition of the Starter Set.
Starter news I have heard from several places now:
Dreadnought seems likely. CSM squad may be referring to the Chosen, or may not. Posessed will have to see.
Ravenwing bikes (3 likely)
The Chaos forces are a CSM Sorcerer, a unit of Marines, a unit of Possessed and a unit of Cultists
I have seen the Chaos Dread, and been told that it will not be in the Starter Set
The Dark Angels are a Terminator Captain, a unit of Deathwing, a unit of Ravenwing and a unit of Marines.