Video Battle Report: Jy2’s Necrons Vs. Reecius’s Tyranids

Jy2 was giving Reecius’s some practice in preparation for Wargames Con which is in a couple weeks.

18 Responses to “Video Battle Report: Jy2’s Necrons Vs. Reecius’s Tyranids”

1. Zid June 3, 2012 5:06 am

great rep, still shows bugs have some fight in em

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:20 pm

They do indeed! 2K is the sweetspot for them, for sure. Glad you liked it!

2. Defeatmyarmy June 3, 2012 5:33 am

Jy seemed to play very aggressively this game. I think it would have been a different game if he played more defensive and popped off more shots before having his wraithwing in assault range. With that said, ‘nids are definitely one of my favorite armies and I always enjoy seeing the Internet hate proven wrong once again!

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks! It was a great game and a lot of fun. I agree he should have played a little less aggressively, but my Hive Guard were a serious threat, plus my Ymgarls were going to appear sooner or later.

3. Red Corsair June 3, 2012 7:48 am

Great game guys, glad to see you had the better luck for once reece 😉

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:19 pm

Tell me about it! I was due, but Jim was extremely gracious in defeat as he is in victory.

4. Jwolf June 3, 2012 8:59 am

We’ll see if that plays out as a mission flaw. With 5 objectives marking troops does strike me as possibly redundant.

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:19 pm

I think opening it up to any unit makes it a more tactically important decision and doesn’t hurt anyone based strictly on list.

5. Rantimus June 3, 2012 9:27 am

You finally beat him on camera!! You know the rule, “if you don’t have a picture/video it never happened!”
    Good job!

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks!

6. jy2
    jy2 June 3, 2012 12:58 pm

Good game Reece! Despite the beating I took, I learned a lot this game and still have fun.

Yeah, I was a little too confident this game. Maybe next time I’ll play a little more conservatively….or maybe not. 😉

BTW, for those who want to read the written reports for both my battle against Reece’s nids and Frankie’s DE, you can find it here:

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:18 pm

Excellent game as always, Jim! I look forward to the rematch.

7. Amberclad87 June 3, 2012 3:53 pm

All those un-painted models and proxies! Arrgghhh!!!

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah, I apologize. I forgot my Footdar which are fully painted so I had to make due with what I had at the shop. We’re painting some Wraiths for Jy2 now, so he will have a fully painted army soon!

8. FacePuncher June 3, 2012 4:13 pm

Are you guys playing an actual battle mission that will be featured in WGC? I thought there was no reveal on that? Where they be at if there is ?

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:16 pm

We played the sample missions posted on Dakka by JWolf and Darkwynn.

9. Shinkaze June 3, 2012 6:06 pm

When luck is mentioned every 30 seconds it becomes obnoxious. I wish the time was spent providing insights instead of Reecius constantly reminding us that he might lose… but only because of bad luck.

I think the more skillful opponent wins 90%+ of the time. I do not need to be constantly reminded of how people over emphasize short term variance in dice. Ever heard of small sample size? What is one turn of dice in one game? A small sample size.

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:16 pm

Luck plays a huge part of the game, I have played enough to know that when two good players play each other and neither has a list or mission advantage it comes down to who makes the first mistake or who has better dice. This is a game of luck as much as skill at high levels, and good players who go to lots of tournaments know that any of the top guys could have won but for a few lucky rolls here and there. You may find that obnoxious, which is fine and your right, but I don’t feel bad in the slightest for mentioning it. It’s the truth, you can’t escape luck.