Frankie’s 1850pt Tournament Winning Dark Eldar List (Pics Added)

For those who wanted to see it, here it is!

If you all have any questions, feel free to ask and Frankie will answer them for you!

HQ

Ravagers      115pts

-Flickerfield

Ravagers      115pts

-Flickerfield

Ravagers      115pts

-Flickerfield

18 Responses to “Frankie’s 1850pt Tournament Winning Dark Eldar List (Pics Added)”

1. Rathstar May 31, 2012 5:32 am

Nice list, and thanks for sharing.

Could Frankie do some follow up posts, on whether he intends to change anything going forwards, and how he finds some of his units performs.

I would be particularly interested in his thoughts on the scourges (especially compared with paying 22 pts more to use reavers with 2 heat lances).

Another area I would be interested in Frankie’s thoughts on making the best use out of expensive characters. I started out using a succubus, and even considered a husk blade & soul trap archon, but now I only use one Haemoculus, which is completely the opposite end of the spectrum to Frankie who has 430 pts in 2 models.

Has Frankie found having Vect means opponents give him 1st turn ?

Rathstar

PS. Just a very small niggle, could you remove the line spacing between the lines of a unit. It would make it much easier to scan the list and tell where one unit ends and another begins 🙂

• white925 May 31, 2012 12:37 pm

I am happy you liked the list.

The reason I take the scourges is to deal with those pesky dreadnaughts grey knight players take in there back field. I prefer them to reavers because they can deepstrike, are less points and more resilient with there 4+ save.

So the reason I take the two expensive characters is vect allows me to go first roughly 75% of the time and i’ve even seen people give me first turn just because of his 4+ seize, also vect is a beast I have had him win me basically by himself countless games. Urien on the other had is a tie up guy he is extremely hard to kill with his toughness five and clone field also regenerating a wound every turn is extremely good. Urien is pretty high priced but in my opinion is worth it and makes the wracks he is with fearless which is needed for a tie up unit.

I am thinking about dropping the wyches in the list along with the dark lance unit in order to add a 9 man harliquin unit to run with vect but I am still on the fence with it as they cannot buy a raider.

2. BigToof May 31, 2012 5:45 am

If you do not mind, I have a few questions:

1) Why the small unit of Trueborn with the Dark lances? It seems like the unit would be shot off the board with just random storm bolters before it could do anything.

2) Why no lances on the Warriors?

3) Did the Shock prow really help?

4) How did you use Urien?

Thanks!

• white925 May 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Thank you for replying to my post i’m glad you all enjoyed reading it.

I take that small 3 man unit just for some extra dark lances, you can never have to many in my opinion, they very rarely get shot at because they are so small and i have so many threats and they also have a 4+ cover most of the time. So I find they get ignored more than shot at.

I dont take lances on the warriors because I would need to take 10 man squads also I dont take the blasters because they are one shot and are 15pts a pop.

The shock prows won me a game because it made my tanks able to tank shock a unit off of an objective on the last turn 😀

I answered the urien question in the post above. thank you for your response.

3. Slate_Blank May 31, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks for posting! Very interesting list and glad to see how well he did with the list. I, much like Rathstar above, have steered away from the characters due to cost, but will have to test them out.

4. Zid May 31, 2012 7:09 am

Was this 1850 or 2k?

Reecius May 31, 2012 8:46 am

1850, sorry, forgot to add that to post.

5. xzandrate May 31, 2012 9:20 am

Looks like a solid list, not alot of spam units, so it would force opponents to work on prioritizing a bit more.

My question is more from personal experience, Acothyst on the wracks, are you finding it worthwhile? I’ve begun to find that 2 or 3 Agonizer attacks are generally underperforming, and if I tag a Haemonculus, or Urien with them they are going to be fearless right away, so Ld 9 means less. Could that 30 points be better spent?

• white925 May 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Thats a very good point about the agonizer but I have found that those power weapon attacks do help me survive longer with combat res and killing a model here and there. They also help against monsterous creatures.

6. Hippesthippo May 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Pics?

Reecius May 31, 2012 4:20 pm

For some reason, we don’t have any pics of the army despite the fact that is is gorgeous. We will take some.

• Hippesthippo June 2, 2012 4:59 pm

Are the bottoms of those skimmers unpainted, gray, or, were they simply in an unfinished state in the battle report I saw vs jy2?

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:21 pm

They’re unpainted.

7. Red Corsair May 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for the close ups mate! Honestly I have contemplated asking myself for more close ups and better pics of you guys stuff. Your gallery really could use some new pics of your armies. Army wide shots are nice but I honestly would never have guessed his army had that much effort put into it from previous pics/videos. Just an observation, after all that effort you may as well show em off fellas 😉 Gorgeous stuff!

Reecius May 31, 2012 8:41 pm

We aren’t the best photographers, unfortunately! We need to book-up on some better techniques so that we can show off the paint jobs. We also need to get a booth for taking pictures, right now we just do it on the game table which doesn’t look that great. Glad you like it though, it really is a cool looking army!

• Red Corsair May 31, 2012 11:22 pm

No man I don’t mean to sound like a douche, the pics you posted hee are great! I am just greedily wanting some of the Eldar and maybe dare I say Demons too 😉

Reecius June 4, 2012 2:23 pm

We shall do both! Will’s Daemons are awesome.

8. jy2
    jy2 May 31, 2012 8:35 pm

Congrats Frankie for bringing an atypical DE list and doing well with it.