slaughter in space brief recap.

Hey everyone, just back from the slaughter in space gt and wanted to give a brief recap on how things went. Also, sorry for any spelling errors or grammar issues, I’m writing this on my phone.

Team zero comp represented this year avain, taking 1,2, and 3 as well as best painted! Christian the defending champ took best general and second overall with his purifier/henchmen grey knights, Frankie took best overall with his vect/urien dark eldar and I took third with my footdar. Josh (blasto) took best painted with his awesome orks.

The even was a ton of fun, scgwl put on a great event as usual and thanks to them for running it. We had a blast. I was in first place going into the final round, but Frankie beat the pants off of my footdar to jump into first (and interestingly, there were 5 footdar players at the event!).

So a good time had by all, and happy memorial day!

Signals.from tbe frontline will be a little late tomorrow as we took the day off.

16 Responses to “slaughter in space brief recap.”

1. FacePuncher May 28, 2012 11:49 am #

Nice job! Its so good to see the inspiring performance from your Adepticon performance paying dividend. Hope that shook the meta up a lot. Excited to hear about the specific details of all the armies present. So bummed I could not come…

• FacePuncher May 28, 2012 11:50 am #

Wonder how many times I can say “performance” in the same sentence? lol

Reecius May 28, 2012 12:18 pm #

They have pills to help with performance issues! Haha

Reecius May 28, 2012 12:18 pm #

Thanks! It was a blast, really good fun. We’re happy we did so well. Come along next time!

2. Slate_Blank May 28, 2012 12:30 pm #

Be very interested to see how Frankie fit Urein and Vect in a list.

• xzandrate May 28, 2012 5:18 pm #

I’d love to see that list as well. Maybe a quick article on how it performed and what it fought?

Reecius May 29, 2012 11:06 am #

We can definitely do that.

Reecius May 29, 2012 11:03 am #

They prove to be a brutal combo, let me tell you! haha

3. FacePuncher May 28, 2012 1:57 pm #

Oh man… such a softball I threw you without realizing!!! Very nice. Well played. (Cracking up so hard right now)

I had to make this tourny sacrifice to the “wife” god so that I could go to the next couple. Hopefully she is sated with the time I spent with her this weekend. All hail Patricia who givith and taketh away.

I am curious to know if there were any tough Necrons at the tourney, and if so, what were they rocking?

Reecius May 29, 2012 11:06 am #

There were a bunch of cron players, the most successful was a really mixed bag list. C’Tan, Monolith, Warriors, Immortals, Overlord, Wraiths, Destroyer Lord, assorted Crypteks and Lords, and a few small squads of Scarabs. He was a good player, but my Footdar ended his undefeated streak. My Footdar smash Crons, I have yet to lose to them, actually.

And yes, that last come back was a bit of an ally-oop! haha

4. FacePuncher May 28, 2012 1:58 pm #

@slate_blank. He doesn’t actually. Its a list hack. Mega cheating. Hope you reported.

Reecius May 29, 2012 11:06 am #

Hahaha, if you aren’t cheating, you aren’t trying!

5. jy2
    jy2 May 30, 2012 12:38 am #

Congrats. I think I’m going to have to take down both #1 & #3 come this Thurs. 😉

BTW, I left this thread for you guys.

Reecius May 30, 2012 8:54 am #

Thank you sir! And you are welcome to try and take either of us down!

6. Defeatmyarmy May 30, 2012 1:55 am #

Awesome job guys, glad to hear you can still beat the competition with how busy you all are at work. My jobs all but preventing me from going to gts recently. I couldnt get 1 damn day off to play in slaughter. If there are ever 2 day events in the bay I can make it, but seems like your tourney is the only gt I’ll make it to this year. (or next).

Reecius May 30, 2012 8:53 am #

That’s too bad, man. Well, at least if the only event you can make is the BAO, you’re going to a good one! And thanks for the kind words Dan, appreciated.