Mass Hysteria Over Impending 6th Ed 40k Grips the Gaming Community

So, it seems like people are really losing their heads over the coming changes. I admit, they sound awful to me too, at this point, but it is too soon to tell. I just think all of this chatter flying around the Web about quiting 40k may be a bit premature, is all.

We don’t know what we’re going to be getting just yet. All of these seemingly terrible changes may not actually be that bad in application. Or perhaps they may be. Only time will tell. For the time being, let’s all enjoy what remains of 5th Ed, keep an open mind to what may come and stay calm. If the worst comes to pass, there are plenty of options. If it turns out to be a change for the better, then you’ll be glad you didn’t sell all your stuff based on some little rumors!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
16 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Paul Cornelius
Paul Cornelius
10 years ago

Think how funny it would be if we saw no new edition? Folks are so ready for Fifth to be over, but terrified what Sixth might be.

kevinmcd28
10 years ago

Hey Reecius my buddy just wrote a great article about this and the way the competitve bloggers are acting about it…essentially how they should give it a chance but kind of in a funny clever mocking way….check it out. baals-2-the-waals.blogspot.com…..and people need to calm down, read the book when it drops, and give it a chance

Ian Chadwick (Billyjoeray)
Ian Chadwick (Billyjoeray)
10 years ago

I remember when I picked the game back up at the beginning of 5th after skipping 4th entirely and reading about people’s reaction to the Ork codex and how it was a disaster, that Orks were terrible now and that they were quitting the game. I think that this is the same thing, we just need to give it a chance and accept that it’s changing and try to work with what we get.

My suspicion is that they are trying to change the game up just enough so that the old builds that are popular now are just outdated enough that they don’t quite work as well anymore and so we will all need to buy new models to fix it. Just like the way that they changed Fantasy enough from 7th to 8th that the old deathstar army builds didn’t really work anymore (so I’ve read. I actually haven’t played fantasy myself since 5th was current).

I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that we just need to wait and see before everyone shits a chicken. No one likes change, but it might actually be a good change. We wont know until it comes out.

Shitty Bill
Shitty Bill
10 years ago

This happens EVERY time a new edition comes out for any system. So many chicken littles out there.

Bda Gamer
Bda Gamer
10 years ago

Yeah, but unfounded rumors are “true”, even the confession from a reliable source, that admitted to giving fantasy tales.

I think everyone needs to relax.

DJSleeps
DJSleeps
10 years ago

Thank you Reecius, thank you. You continue to be a voice of clear reason in a community that seems to have a problem with change.

sharkticon
sharkticon
10 years ago

Even if 6th is fantasy 8th bad, you shouldn’t sell your stuff. You can keep playing 5th, and there will always someday be 7th.

sharkticon
sharkticon
10 years ago

Another note, we don’t have to play their game. Some gaming groups are already talking about pulling something similar to what Paizo publishing did when they released pathfinder following DnD 4th, and doing a kickstarter for a new, competitive gamer friendly, rules set compatible with 40k minis.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x