BAO 2012:It’s all over!

What a great event, it went very well with only some minor logistical hiccups due to growing pains this year.

In the end, it came down to Goatboy (5-0-1) vs. ChristianA (6-0) from our team for all the marbles.

When the dust settld, they tied! But, since Christian had a better record, he won it all with his Hydra spam IG!

Josh Rosenstein won Fantasy with his Skaven against a very tough field.

We’ll have all the data up on Tuesday, we’re wiped out right now and need a day to just do nothing.

Thanks to everyone who came out! We had a great time and everyone that came said they had a blast and couldn’t wait for next year, which is great for us.

9 Responses to “BAO 2012:It’s all over!”

1. Defeatmyarmy March 6, 2012 4:07 am #

Playing in this diverse tournament definitely made me realize I need to play a lot more games! Still, I did decent for playing my first 7 games of the year. I’ll be visiting the store more often now that my army finally has 3 colors for some practice games.

2. Defeatmyarmy March 6, 2012 4:14 am #

Also Gratz to dmitri for necron royal court death star! Can’t believe how well you did.

Reecius March 6, 2012 2:33 pm #

Yeah, that was a crazy army and it really performed well!

3. Ian Chadwick March 6, 2012 8:57 am #

Hey Reece and Zero Comp Crew! Thanks for putting on this event! It was a TON of fun! The terrain was FANTASTIC this year, even better than last year, the mission was a lot of fun and was actually not repetitive at all. I’ll admit I was a little concerned that it would devolve into an algorithm that I did the same every time. Surprisingly though, I think I had more fun with this 3 in 1 mission than I do with the regular book missions on their own and probably more fun than a lot of DIY missions that are at tournaments. It gives you more options and feels way less stale than any of the “regular” missions on their own. I definitely recommend the BAO to anyone who wants to have fun and compete in a great event with some really competitive players!

Reecius March 6, 2012 2:32 pm #

Thanks, Ian, and congratz on winning best Space Marine player! We’re gald you had fun and look forward to hosting you guys again.

4. The General Oadius March 6, 2012 12:59 pm #

post results or I will personally drive to Antioch and slay everyone of your Zero Comp players at Sunday’s Tournament @ the Bunker. Oh wait, I’m doing that anyways. CYA THERE!

Reecius March 6, 2012 2:31 pm #

Haha, bring it on!

Results are going up as we speak. We were just totally wiped out after the event.

5. Loken March 6, 2012 4:29 pm #

Hey guys:

Alec from Apocalypse40K here. I was the guy who took the photo of the three of you Saturday. I am writing about the tournament on my blog and would like results! 🙂

Alec