Tyranid and Space Wolf Second Wave Models

tyranofex

Well, the rumors are true and the models are pretty sweet!

We’ve got Thunderwolves, Tyranofexes and Tervigons, Oh my! Oh, and a plastic Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord, Fenresian Wolves and a slew of finecast. Many older models have been redone in resin such as Ragnar, Ulric, Njal, the Lictor, Deathleaper, etc. We also have some newer models such as the horrendously overpriced Grey Hunter with Wolf Standard ($24? yikes!) a Thunderwolf Lord, and Arjac.

About flippin time.

After all the hoopla with the Chapterhouse law suit and such, it is good to see GW finally made the decision to make money on these kits they’ve doubtlessly been sitting on for agres rather than fight a battle with a tiny miniature manufacturer out of Poland.

As for the models themselves, they look great. I really like the Thunderwolves, although they are a lot less well armored than the independent kits floating around out there. They are very bare in appearance, but still very cool.

The Fenresian Wolves are great, IMO. They are very dynamic models and look excellent.

The Tyranid kits are sweet, and I will certianly be picking up some for my army. The Tervigon is in the middle of giving birth! Yuck, but awesome! The Tyranofex’s gun is suitably fearsome looking. The Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord looks very good too, IMO, and it looks like in the picture you either see a Harpy or the Hive Tyrant cna be used to make a winged version that may very well be usable as a Harpy stand in. About time there, too. The Harpy looks to me to be a very good unit. I will be snagging one of those as well.

In all, a great release coming out and one we here at Frontline are happy to finally be seeing.

Fenresian Wolves

Tyranid beasties

Thunder Wolf Calvary

Thunder Wolf Calvary 2

Space Wolves

Tervigon

16 Responses to “Tyranid and Space Wolf Second Wave Models”

1. Warpcrafter February 21, 2012 10:46 pm #

I am in love with the Thunderwolf cavalry and the Fenrisian wolves. I also really like the Tyranid kits, but I wonder how many will sell, since people started using their newly super-overcosted Carnifex for those models almost immediately. We’ll see…

Reecius February 22, 2012 12:30 pm #

Yeah, those kits are pretty boss! We really like them, too. I never converted up a Tyranofex of a Tervigon, I actually just have 3 Carnifex! haha

2. Sasori February 21, 2012 10:53 pm #

I’m in love with the new Tyranid Kits! I’m so glad I waited. I’ll probably end up snagging 4-5 of them. They really do look fantastic.

You like the Harpy? To me that seems like it’s one of the worst units in our book. I’m really curious on your thoughts about it.

Reecius February 22, 2012 12:31 pm #

I love the kits too, and am also glad I waited. I will for sure be grabbing some of those kits for my bugs.

The Harpy is great, IMO, because it has several things going for it. It is fast, has grenades, is good in HtH, and shoots well. Plus, I think it is reasonably costed.

3. mike February 22, 2012 12:49 am #

That’s not a Harpy its a winged tyrant. Or so says Google translate

Reecius February 22, 2012 12:29 pm #

Yeah, that is what we thought too, but we were hoping it was a Harpy! You could easily use it as one with some converting, I think.

4. Fuegan17 February 22, 2012 1:24 am #

I am saddened by this to be honest, I bought a trygon+extra bits and lovingly converted my two tervigons. SInce mine are nowhere near as tall as these ones I doubt theyd even be legal in gameplay, I will be happy to replace my hastily converted tyrannofex, but the tervigons, ugh, almost makes me cry.

Reecius February 22, 2012 12:28 pm #

I wouldn’t trip. You may be able to elevate their bases to make them taller. I doubt most opponents would care, although in tournaments it may be an issue.

5. Son Of Dorn February 22, 2012 8:19 am #

Chapter House is based out of Dallas, Reece. New kits look amazing, though. Can’t believe they’re out next week.

Reecius February 22, 2012 12:27 pm #

Dallas? No kidding, wow. I always thought they were Polish. Thanks for the heads up.

• Son Of Dorn February 22, 2012 4:42 pm #

That’s why the lawsuit is such a big deal. It’s based on American and British IP law.

Reecius February 24, 2012 11:55 am #

Ah, I didn’t know that. That is a lot bigger of a deal than I had thought.

6. J Mac February 22, 2012 2:30 pm #

I’m diggin’ those storm shields on the TWC.

Reecius February 22, 2012 3:00 pm #

Yeah, the circle shields a re a nice touch, for sure.

7. Dahlvash February 24, 2012 12:22 pm #

Did anyone else notice that ‘Tervigone’ is wrong? It should be ‘Tervigon’

• Dahlvash February 24, 2012 12:26 pm #

nvm, just noticed its not an English article ^^
      liking the body of the fex and tervigon though, possible conversion to a bio-titan similar to FW’s