This is a tutorial for a super easy, fast, relatively cheap conversion of a Necron Canoptek Spider!
Here we have our first video tutorial on converting a Canoptek Spider out of a Destroyer body. It’s a simple conversion, that is reasonably affordable, and it looks nice. With the number of Spiders you’ll need to make the Scarab Farm list, these offer an affordable alternative to the now unavailable GW kits (that are pretty ugly too, IMO) or the upcoming Spider/Wraith kits which will most likely be pretty expensive. We will be streamlining these videos as we go too, this was our first go at it and it is a bit all over the place! But bear with us, we’ll improve.
What you need:
- Destroyer Body
- Targeting Camera from the Aegis defense line.
- Guitar wire of varying thickness, thicker strings have more texture
- (Optional) Blue Tac to dry fit the model and get the right look
Order of operations:
- Clean and assemble the destroyer body.
- Cut lengths of guitar wire of different widths for the appendages.
- Fit the model together with Blue Tac, or skip this step and use Green Stuff to fit the model together.
- Use Greenstuff to fit the “Head” (Aegis Camera) on the model. Greenstuff gives it more elevation from the body and allows you to have the head look in a direction other than straight forward.
- Put green stuff in the exhaust vents of the Destoyer Body, and insert the lengths of Guitar wire, bending wire until desired look is achieved.
- That’s it! Super easy and it looks cool.
Here are some pictures of the Project.