As the Primaris Project rolls on, we’ll be turning our attention to the Blood Angels first. Check the Tactics Corner for more great article.
If you’d like to see the above models painted to our new Tournament Standard paint level, please tune in to our Twitch Channel tonight at 5pm PST to watch Bcuzpaints get the first batch ready to rock.
The vote for which army to focus on first was Blood Angels by a sizable margin in the Primaris Marine Project Update 1. So we turn our attention to the Sons of Sanguinius.
Going off of the list we put forth in the last article, let’s take a look at how to best leverage that with the Blood Angels suite of rules and abilities.
- The Red Thirst: This is going to be a big boon for Primaris Marines. They’re all quite good in melee thanks to the bonus attack they have. A blanket +1 to wound in the first round of combat is going to be great for them and why I think Blood Angels may be the best way to play Primaris Marines.
- The Standard of Sacrifice: is going to be REALLY strong for Primaris Marines, in my opinion. The 5+ FnP save will kick in very frequently as Primaris Marines tend to stick together, all essentially move at the same speed and advance up the table. This is going to be a critical part of the success of this flavor of Primaris Marines, IMO.
- The Veritas Vitae: will be another excellent choice as this army is very low on CP.
- The Archangel’s Shard: is another possible choice as it cranks up the potential damage output of my Captain to a 10. However, it is something you take on a case by case basis.
- Artisan of War: A solid potential Warlord Trait. Pumping the Captain’s Master-crafted Power Sword up to 3, or the Master-crafted Auto Bolt Rifle on the normal Primaris Captain to 3 is no joke.
- Gift of Foresight: A potential strong choice to increase the durability of the Warlord.
- Wings of Sanguinius: Blood Angels have awesome psychic powers and I think this one will be very appealing. As again, Primaris Marines tend to be pretty slow, this helps a ton to get the Librarian where you want him.
- Shield of Sanguinius: Another gem. Giving a unit a 5++ in addition to potentially have a 5+ FnP helps dial up their defense significantly.
- Unleash Rage: Another potentially solid choice to ramp up the Primaris Marines already solid melee abilities and compliments The Red Thirst quite well.
- Red Rampage: will be quite good, particularly with an amped up Captain. That brings him up to a potential 9 attacks in melee if fully buffed, swinging a Master-Crafted Power Sword that can be dealing 3 damage a pop. Not bad!
What do you all think will be the best combos for Blood Angels Primaris Marines?
And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!