It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: interceptor
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:00 pm 

Can someone explain to me that's involved with the ITC rules why you felt that interceptor was unbalanced and needed to be both weapons shooting?

Based on all these changes you have successfully created your own game and should consider trying to sell your rules as mainstream.

I, for one, will never give you or your organization another dime of my money regardless of whether you decide to take the time to answer this or not.

All the opinionated trolls that roam this board can go ahead and chime in, can't wait to see all the whiteknights coming to defend the stupidest change to a rule book ever.

"Rules that allow a model to shoot more than one weapon in the shooting phase apply to shooting attacks made in other phases of the game, such as overwatch and interceptor shooting."

So retarded, I couldn't believe I missed it while reading the ITC rules.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: interceptor
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:25 am 

What specific scenario are you upset about? Because based on your first sentence I believe you are perhaps misinterpreting the ruling.

"Rules that allow a model to shoot more than one weapon in the shooting phase apply to shooting attacks made in other phases of the game, such as overwatch and interceptor shooting."

The main reason they made this ruling is for monstrous creatures (and Tau). The wording used in the monstrous creatures rules (and Tau codex) makes it contentious whether they can fire two weapons outside of the shooting phase. So the guys that work on this FAQ (which is several different TOs and other members of the community, not just frontline gaming) voted and the idea that rules that occur in the shooting phase should also apply to shooting outside of the shooting phase won (because you get some seriously wonky situations if you don't apply this general idea). It is still fairly contentious but you know going in how it will be ruled.

Is this not the scenario you are concerned about? Or did Tau interceptor the crap out of your drop pod army in a tournament game or something?

Offline Profile