It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How are Warriors of Chaos?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:26 pm 

I absolutely love their "fantasy Vikings right out of 80's dnd art" vibe. And I've got a lot of love for nasty looking cavalry, and they certainly fit the mark (pun intended).

Anything I should know before taking the plunge into fantasy with them, next year?

Any advice on marks?

Anything not so obvious about them from a noob perspective?

Thanks for any input!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: How are Warriors of Chaos?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:10 am 

Hey, so you're thinking about starting some warriors? I've been playing them for awhile (4-5 years) but not in a hyper competitive area. I think I can still give a few pointers though.

Warriors are the backbone of the army and can become very versatile with marks, if not rather expensive points wise. Khorne mark gives frenzy. Tzeentch gives a +1 to the models ward save ( so models without have a 6++ and combines with parry) Slannesh grants immune to psych and panic. Nurgle gives enemy's a -1 to hit in cc.

Marauders are great too, and are much cheaper points wise. Though they die fast compared to most things in the book. But you can have a ton of them. With flails too for added fun.

From a noob perspective you gotta know that without a hell cannon you have no shooting. And to me a hellcannon isn't an auto include with other great choices in the rare slot. The book is really diverse with options in every space.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

They're awesome! Favorite models in Fantasy, for me.

We have 3 WoC players here and they mulch people in HtH. You have powerful sorcerers, as well, but a low model count is a bit of a bummer.

No really, on these forums I am the law. Moderators, hooooooo!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:32 pm 

nurgle marks make for the most survivable units, and khorne does the most damage. Slannesh is only situationally useful, and Tzneech should only be used on characters with ward-save gear.

The chariots are outstanding (the special chariots in particular) and make great supporting units, and again greatly benefit from the khorne or nurgle marks.

the chaos knights are powerful, but a bit expensive and prone to "eggs in on basket" syndrome. The 'crusher cavalry is a much better bet, though vulnerable to warmachines and some spells (but not much else).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:52 pm 

Hey have been playing Fantasy for about a year now so I'm fairly new to it, played in 7th and with the new edition (8th) core seems to be a big focus with the use of a lot of horde units (big blocks of infantry)

WoC have arguably the strongest core units in the game in the chaos warriors, there's not many units that are going to be able to hold up to you unless they greatly out number you (cause as mentioned the warriors are pricey points wise even more so with marks)

You have really strong magic users who are also pretty good in close combat (cuz everything in Chaos lists is good at giving you the evil boot to the face)

Nurgle is really good lore to take in my opinion, the spells have really strong buffs for you debuffs for your enemies and the mark gives enemies a -1 to hit and with the High WS of warriors most units are going to be very hard pressed to hit you and all leaving you to smash face, Nurgle mages also get mad a mad +1 wound and toughness for every succesful spell cast which makes him damn hard to kill turning your force into an 80's metal steamroll death machine.

also recommend taking a hell cannon since your so limited on ranged units and heavy shooting armies like dwarfs and empire can be a real pain for you (mark of nurgle will help with that as well, making you harder to hit.

look forward to having a fantasy player come into the mix hit me up we'll rock a game sometime!

I rock dwarfs and Dwarfs vs chaos is always an epic match!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:20 am 

Thanks for the good information

Offline Profile