Durbag was a born into an Orc tribe in the badlands of Belkzen as a part of the Shattered Fang tribe. The progeny of an Orc Shaman and a human slave woman, Durbag was an outcast in his tribe from the beginning of his life. Considered weak and puny by his full-blooded Orc tribesmen, Durbag found solace in his closest friend, Slugo, a Giant Slug. Durbag often spoke to Slugo, who shared secrets with him. This appeared to be quite insane to the members of his tribe, but Durbags uncanny ability to predict the weather, heal wounded warriors and the bad luck that befell those who persecuted him was enough to keep the worst torments at bay. The affection of his Human mother helped to keep him from giving into his Orcish nature as well, and Durbag was a considerably pragmatic and rational being compared to his hot-tempered and pugnacious tribesmen.
Durbag’s life was forever changed when his tribe went to war with the Murdered Child tribe. The Shattered Fang tribe was wiped out in a nighttime raid led by the young and brash war-chief Orgug the Brutal. Durbag saw his tribesmen wiped out in a blood bath, and when his beloved mother was slain by the Warchief, he grabbed Slugo and fled into the night, running for what seemed like days until he came to a swamp near the border of Lastwall.
Years passed like this in solitude, with Durbag’s only companion the ever loyal Slugo, who’s strange advice only Durbag could hear, guiding him and keeping him alive in the dangerous swamps. A chance encounter with a patrol of Lastwall knights would forever change Durbag’s life. Seeing these Knights about to be ambushed by Orcs from the most hated Murdered Child tribe, Durbag intervened, warning the Knights and saving them from almost certain death. The Knights, owning Durbag their lives, offered to take him back to Lastwall with them to join their ranks and fight their common enemy.
A short history of the Shattered Fang tribe:
- +3828-3930. One of the scattered remnants of Tar- Baphon’s Orcish horde settle in a valley in southern Belkzen along the river elk. The Tribe develops a strong necromantic shamanistic traditions and call themselves the shattered fang after their refuge status.
- +4100-4400. After long brutal conflicts with rival tribes the shattered fang tribe is pushed west along the river elk into the Mind-Spin Mountains.
- +4537. The shattered fang tribes finds a iron mine inhabited by goblins in the mountains. After slaughtering the goblins the tribes shamans animate their skeletons to work the rich iron vain.
- +4540-4650 the shattered fang tribe uses its iron monopoly to trade with Orcish tribes all over Belkzen. The tribe uses its wealth to arm and equip its many Orc warriors. it’s plate mail wearing warriors backed by ranks of skeletal archers and spell-slinging necromancers proves unstoppable and Its ranks swell as the tribe conquers all the local Orcish tribes.
- +4666 The Irons mine is finally depleted. The tribe starts holdings are eroded as costly conflicts depletes its dwindling resources.
- +4701 The young Orc warlord Orgug the brutal, through a series of lighting attacks soundly defeats the remnants of the Shattered Fang’s warriors. Orug’s cavalry flanks its heavily armored ranks and destroys its lightly armored spell-casters and archers. The tribe’s warriors are left with no support and are easily out maneuvered and slaughtered peace-meal.
- +4702 Orgug the brutal attacks and slaughters the last village of the shattered fang tribe. The young Durbag escapes by floating down the river elk on a log. after floating for five days, Durbag makes a hut in the middle of a swamp and spends the next ten years living as a hermit.
Questions about Durbag
- What kind of character are you trying to make in terms of his role in the party and overall abilities?
- What was the inspiration for your character if any, such as characters from literature, games, etc.?
- If your character had one wish, what would it be?
- Would your character help an old lady across the street?
- If your character were a song, what song would he be?
- Describe your character’s dream girl!