Dimak Hammerfist: Dwarf Fighter: Tower Shield Specialist Archetype: Youngblood’s Character
Dimak Hammerfist enlisted in the Lastwall military due to it being his family’s tradition. His family is one of soldiers and he wants nothing more than his family’s and his people’s respect.
Dimak Has always been the glory hog of his family, the eldest of his many brothers. Quite often he will not listen to reason once he has his mind set on something, and is known for his bullheadedness. As the most boastful of the Hammerfist brothers, he always told his family of his hopes for slaying a Giant or perhaps a mighty Dragon! For their part, his family hopes that Dimak doesn’t let his pride get him killed.
For most of his young adult life up until his enlistment, Dimak worked as a bartender in his family’s small pub in his hometown of Highhelm, one of the prestigious Dwarven Sky Citadels.
Dimak Hammerfist: Dwarf Fighter: Youngblood’s Character
Dimak may tell others that he is not a people person (it certainly would seem to be the case with his lack of tact), but he is at his core a selfless individual who would go to the ends of the world for anyone who has done right by him. This protective nature is likely a result of being the eldest of his many brothers, having to keep them all out of trouble. Dimak’s respect is not a difficult thing to gain, but it an easy thing to lose.
Having served drinks at his family’s pub for nearly all of his young life, Dimak was a content Dwarf. Each night was always as exciting as the last, with the endless drunken laughter keeping his dreams of greatness but a footnote in the back of his mind. However on one average evening Dimak overheard a group of drunken travelers speaking of the difficulties Lastwall was facing against the Orc hordes. Dimak’s attention was piqued at the mention of a lack of soldiers due to the Northern crusades in Mendev.
At first Dimak considered Lastwall’s predicament to be something beyond his control, but it got to him more and more every night. Life wasn’t bad by a long shot, he enjoyed the endless evenings at the pub and even in the boring spots he still got to occasionally rough up some of the besotted guests. Although something seemed to be missing for Dimak: he still had yet to slay a Dragon (or any type of Monster!), his childhood dream.
So, on one rather empty night at the pub, Dimak expressed his wishes to his brothers. He would journey to Lastwall and make a name that his clan would sing of for generations! His brothers seemed to be extremely supportive, and they all chipped for his gear and passage to Lastwall. Dimak departed the very next morning with a new look about him To Lastwall: it’s Hammerfist time!
Questions about Dimak
- What kind of character are you trying to make in terms of his role in the party and overall abilities?
- What was the inspiration for your character if any, such as characters from literature, games, etc.?
- If your character had one wish, what would it be?
- Would your character help an old lady across the street?
- If your character were a song, what song would he be?
- Describe your character’s dream girl!
1. Dimak is meant to be a stalwart companion, an uncompromising fellow, and an unmovable object in battle.
2. I guess the draw to play a dwarf came upon seeing the Hobbit, as the main race featured was well… Dwarves!
3. Dimak’s greatest wish is for his name to be etched into the annals of history!
4. Well it depends… Is the old lady an elf? Actually strike that, most likely yes regardless of race.
5. The song would have to be Can’t Touch This by MC Hammer.
6. Dimak’s dream girl is one with an ax in one hand and a mug of ale in the other!