Some men accept the lot they are born into..and some men rail against their lives like a storm-tossed sea against the cliffs. Damion was born in a Rotgut flophouse in Riddleport. His mother abandoned him to the Church of the Drunken Hero where he mopped the puke-covered floors every morning and stole food from the hands of passed out parishioners. He left his erstwhile home at 10 to run with the local gangs and eventually became involved in a import and export business until he ran afoul of the local Thieves’ Guild and left with a pack of hunters at his tail until he reached Lastwall. Seeing an opportunity to make some real money with the escalating Orc conflict, Damion Ferzhuul enlisted in the army. Hoping for a nice position in supply where creative bookkeeping would fill his pockets, he was a bit let down to be put into a reconnaissance squad but hey…adventuring is almost as good a way to make a copper.
Damion is a Bard with the Archivist archetype.
- What kind of character are you trying to make in terms of his role in the party and overall abilities?
- Damion is a man driven to succeed. He sees his adventuring path as a necessary evil to accumulate the riches he sees as the cornerstone to the power he craves. At the end of the day, he seeks to place himself at the head of a vast mercantile empire and while any endeavor requires risk, throwing himself face first into the fray or fighting for lost causes puts his plans and life in jeopardy. Damion prefers to enable his compatriots to engage the enemy, only stepping in when necessary or to finish off one of the wounded. His power lies in tapping his network of informants to supply him with intelligence regarding his adversaries. He uses this information to advise his adventuring partners to the weaknesses of their enemies acting as a force multiplier for the party.
- What was the inspiration for your character if any, such as characters from literature, games, etc.?
- Keiser Soze from usual suspects.
- If your character had one wish, what would it be?
- To be a god.
- Would your character help an old lady across the street?
- Absolutely, that old woman may wash clothes in the castle or sell fruit by the gate from which the guards ride. She may have a son who is a driver for supply caravans. She knows someone Damion may find use for and one good turn deserves another they say.
- If your character were a song, what song would he be?
- I have no idea.
- Describe your character’s dream girl!
- A woman of high standing with lots of contacts.