Hey everyone! Adam, from TFG Radio, here to tell all you kids to get off my 40K lawn!
Well another year, another Las Vegas Open. This one was a bit more tiresome than previous years, and not just because of the players. It was great seeing all the people I have met through the years and to meet new people and make new friends. This year we answered a lot of questions, both about rules and conversions. We even had a convenient location to find those rulings (I think it’s still up) I always end up having a good time, no matter what happens in the actual event, and this was no different. The only issue I had was people asking me so many questions.
Even before the even started, actually months before the event started, people were already asking me a number of questions. Some I would say were very good and relevant questions. Others, however, left a lot to be desired. These included questions, such as:
- When is the event?
- What city is the Las Vegas Open being held?
- Will there be a 40K tournament there?
- Can I go to the LVO? (although I think this question was meant for significant others)
The questions didn’t stop there. As the the event drew closer we got even more questions. Luckily we had a form for most of the questions. in the end we had to answer almost 400 questions, either about rules interactions or conversion approvals. During the event the questions continued. They weren’t as numerous as previous years, like in 7th edition, but there were still those with new questions or they just didn’t bother reading the event document or listen to the LVO video we do every year. An example of these looked like this:
- Do I have to use dice?
- Battlescribe is as good as a codex, right?
- Can you get me something to eat?
- I don’t need the grots on my Mek Guns, right?
- Aren’t I supposed to auto win because I play Iron Hands?
- What do you mean I can’t use this “thunderfire” cannon that is half the size of the actual one?
I get it, this is essentially what I signed up for. I have been doing this for a long time so I should get used to it by now. I still do enjoy it, even with having to answer all these very important questions. I had the extra bonus this year of getting away from my data entry job so I could do data entry in Las Vegas. Oh what a time to be alive! I guess I’m just tired from the long weekend and just venting. As a bonus, here are a few other questions that were asked over the weekend:
- Why do I have a sharp pain in my right arm?
- Should I hit on an 18?
- Is Wesley Snipes right and I should always bet on black?
- I’m pretty sure that woman is into me, although why do you think she wants to know how much I have?
- Is going on the pub crawl a good idea? (yes, it is)
That’s all for this week. How was your LVO experience, not counting the delay? Let us know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to visit our Facebook, Twitch, and Patreon pages to stay up to date on what we’re up to and when episodes drop!
And remember boys and girls, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart