Art of War Ep 16.1 Tj Lanigan Talks Chaos Strategy

Nick Nanavati and John DeMaris talk with TJ Lanigan about his Chaos Strategy. Magnus and Plaguebearers and Plague burst crawlers Oh my.

And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!

secondhandhsop

7 Responses to “Art of War Ep 16.1 Tj Lanigan Talks Chaos Strategy”

1. rvd1ofakind December 3, 2019 10:43 pm #

Patreon’ed for this. Hot damn what a cool list.

• rvd1ofakind December 3, 2019 10:44 pm #

Also, there’s sooooo much more info in the 2nd episode. So if you play chaos – it’s super worth it.

• Charlie A. December 5, 2019 5:06 am #

Me too! Such a cool list and now I’m looking to buy Magnus lol

I’m interested to hear what TJ changes in his list after the CA points increase to Plaguebearers and TSon DP’s go into effect.

• rvd1ofakind December 5, 2019 8:15 am #

Yeah, I got 3 PBCs for it myself.

The easiest change is DP->Term sorc with familiar. Give him +1 to cast and have an even more guaranteed warptime :p

• Charlie A. December 5, 2019 8:20 am #

Why terminator sorc over exalted sorcs on disks? His ahriman isn’t on a disk, maybe the back and forth shuffle with Magnus doesn’t require a lot of mobility. I’m still learning the ins and outs of Tsons, sorry if this is a dumb question.

I’ve also considered taking the wings off the DP’s to save points if mobility really isn’t required as much. Dropping the DP’s for anything else that doesn’t get access to the Tzeentch daemon spells hurts, I feel.

• Donatas Bartkėnas December 5, 2019 9:40 pm

Yeah, mobility is not very important for him. This army doesn’t engage the enemy at all usually. Especially vs psykers as you never wanna have your 3 dudes in deny range. Magnus stays at battlefield’s edge, goes over/to the left/to the right of the blob that’s the rest of your army, casts his stuff, warptimes back with the help of the +1 dude and gets buffed by everyone.

Losing 1 daemon caster is fine as you have 2 left over. Heck, even 1 is fine. Shit hits the fan when you have 0, which is my current problem with the 1.5k version:
            2x poxbringer
            2x nurglings
            25 pbs
            2 pbcs
            ahri
            2x sorc
            magnus

• Charlie A. December 6, 2019 7:42 am

Why are you limiting yourself to 1.5K points?