Chapter Tactics is a 40k podcast which focuses on promoting better tactical play and situational awareness across all variations of the game. Today Peteypab, The Falcon, and Sean go over the win percentages, usage stats, and more for each faction across the first half of the ITC season. They also compare the performance of armies from before and after the big April FAQ. The guys also cover the 4 best Army Lists in the post-FAQ competitive 40k scene.

Need help with a list idea? Got a rules question? Want to talk tactics? Then sign up for our Patreon where you can join our official Facebook group page, get in contact with all the show’s co-hosts, watch exclusive content, and win free prizes!

Show Notes:

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

11 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #119: Mid Season Stat Analysis, Which Army Lists Are Now on Top?”

1. rvd1ofakind June 18, 2019 2:50 am #

No file :<

• Petey Pab
      Petey Pab June 18, 2019 8:27 am #

It’s added in now!

Should have double tapped that save button.

2. Icoop June 18, 2019 9:09 am #

Regarding Dark Angels win percentage; “Loyalty is it’s own reward”.

Regarding pure monofactions; I voted for it and am in favor of it. A lot of the smaller factions used in soup that fail to stand on their own might get more attention if their struggles are made more prominent. I’m fine with soup but I would also like to be able to play with my Dark Angels pure vs Dark Eldar, GSC, some of the other more successful codices.

3. Sam D June 18, 2019 11:00 am #

Glad to get my second mention on this podcast : D

4. Sam D June 18, 2019 11:17 am #

Glad to get my second mention on this podcast ; )

5. David Noonan June 18, 2019 6:05 pm #

Yeah, also regarding the Dark Angels win percentage…

We’re the Dark Angels! Do you think we would just *tell* you of our victories?

Reporting our triumphs to a public database via a web app is possibly the least Dark Angels thing one could possibly do.

We earn our 42 points in the shadows, brother.

6. Agent X June 18, 2019 10:47 pm #

I had no idea my SW got worse after our codex dropped. I know we hated losing our 3++ dreads but didn’t know it was an overall performance hit. That is some awesome stat info.

And more reason Leman Russ was correct in ignoring the codex astartes!!

• abusepuppy June 19, 2019 8:47 am #

Their win percentage did go down, although I don’t think I agree with the claim that the SW index was better than the SW codex. Still, they’re certainly one of the lowest-performing books out there, though the fact that they have _any_ worthwhile units at all puts them head and shoulders above Grey Knights.

• Donthemagnificent June 19, 2019 9:23 pm #

You have no idea how hard it is for me to not go back to puppies and try to bring it up a bit.

7. Rathstar June 21, 2019 8:28 am #

Great episode, is there somewhere we can see the TWIP (sp?) figure, as I think it is best illustrates the power of a faction when a good player takes the army.

8. NinetyNineNo June 21, 2019 1:25 pm #

Around the hour mark Sean has a good point on AdMech having a very solo-functional codex due to how different its units are so it covers all bases, as opposed to Marine units which are painfully samey despite the huge variety. So, what would you say Marines are lacking, specifically? On paper they have something for every situation, is it just a master of none sort of deal?