Nerdery: Men in Black International Trailer

MiB without Tommy Lee Jones or Will Smith? I was pretty apprehensive but then I saw the trailer and I am starting to think this is going to be a good movie!

I love Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Tessa Thompson (Creed, West World) so right out the gates you’ve got confidence the acting will be solid . If the story is fun and hits the right buttons then this could be a really enjoyable movie. It is scheduled to come out in the summer of 2019.

What do you all think?

And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!

secondhandhsop

7 Responses to “Nerdery: Men in Black International Trailer”

1. WestRider December 21, 2018 5:26 pm #

No disrespect to Agent Jones or Agent Smith, but I honestly think that Hemsworth and Thompson is gonna be a step up. They were fantastic together in Ragnarok.

Reecius December 22, 2018 10:01 am #

That’s a bold statement 🙂

• WestRider December 22, 2018 2:49 pm #

It is. But those two are really good, and work really well together. It’s going to be a very different partnership than Jones and Smith, but I really like what I’ve seen so far.

Reecius December 23, 2018 1:30 pm #

Yeah, they really do. Not sure they’re Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith good, but they’re quite good for sure.

2. AJShadowhawk December 21, 2018 10:27 pm #

Gotta say, I didn’t think much of this movie when it was announced. But having seen the trailer, I’m very excited for it.

Reecius December 22, 2018 10:02 am #

Yeah, same. I was like, another reboot…yay. but seeing the trailer it actually looks really fun.

• GeekmasterK December 30, 2018 11:36 am #

Watch the trailer again. They make it pretty clear that this isn’t a reboot. The big painting of agents J and K (Smith and Jones) blasting the giant cockroach from the first movie gives it away. That’s apparently the MiB Hall of Fame. The first three movies mostly just showed the American branch of the MiB, but this one is showing us the British branch. Since their job is to protect Earth from hostile aliens, they operate all over the world, not just in one country. So everything that happened in the first three movies is still canon. This is just a different part of the universe we haven’t seen yet. I have a lot of respect for that direction. It gives us something new without rebooting the franchise.