Nerdery: Once Upon A Deadpool | Official Trailer

A new Deadpool movie….Sort of!

An interesting idea, what do you all think? I love all things Deadpool and have the option to go see this with kids in the younger range (but still not too young) or parents is a cool options for such an awesome movie.

And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!

secondhandhsop

10 Responses to “Nerdery: Once Upon A Deadpool | Official Trailer”

1. Avatar
    WestRider December 6, 2018 4:12 pm #

I’m skeptical. When the kind of humour that the first two Deadpool movies were founded on is taken to PG-13, I often find it just gets really really annoying. I’ll give it a chance, but, having just re-watched Deadpool 2 last night, this is not what would get me enthusiastic for the next one.

Also, the comment form seems to be doing the thing where it randomly populates with someone else’s info. I’m actually Westrider, not Alex Troy, if it resets as I post.

Reecius December 6, 2018 5:37 pm #

I know, right? It’s an interesting take. The entire movie is riddled with adult humor I wonder how it holds up. From what I’ve read there’s a number of new scenes in it so we’ll see if that compensates.

And weird, I thought we had fixed that bug. I will look into it, thanks.

Charlie A. December 7, 2018 6:03 am #

Yeah I don’t know. The 1st and 2nd movies were absolutely great as-is. It’s hard to view it as anything that could be better than the original.

Reecius December 7, 2018 11:22 am #

Apparently there’s all kinds of new scenes that are like, animated or different types of media so it may end up being really funny.

Oggthrok December 7, 2018 7:24 am #

As a parent, I go into the daycare everyday and see rows of Deadpool backpacks on the coat hooks. It seems like he’s hugely popular with 6 to ten year old boys, so I can totally get why they would want to make a version of him you could actually show to kids.

Part of me wonders how these kids even know about him, when he stars in a series of R rated movies. But, when I was a moppet I loved Robocop, and there’s stuff that happens in that movie I’m pretty sure I *still* shouldn’t get to see.

Reecius December 7, 2018 11:21 am #

Yeah, we always like to think kids are ultra innocent (particularly your own!) but if you think back, we all saw stuff we probably should not have young. The media is out there.

WestRider December 7, 2018 1:52 pm #

I’ve watched a lot of kid’s cartoons and read plenty of YA, and a lot of it is dark as hell. I’m just worried that running Deadpool through PG-13 filter (as opposed to starting from scratch with a new DP product aimed at kids) is going to turn it into Dumb and Dumber To.

Reecius December 8, 2018 8:38 am

Yeah, it may. Be interesting to see how this pans out as if it is popular that means studios see they can release their movies twice and make more money and so they will, haha.

Venkarel December 7, 2018 1:43 pm #

As a parent my child had a Dead Pool figurine and loves it because other kids and everyone else thinks its cool. He has never seen the movie and will not until he is muuuuuch older. Its just cool, parents think so, kids think so but for very different reasons.

Reecius December 8, 2018 8:38 am #

Yeah, I could totally see a kid loving it just because he looks cool.