WOW! Rogue Traders in Kill Team and 40k! This is a first for Games Workshop hobbyists. As always, you can pick these up from Frontline Gaming at a discount with FREE shipping for orders $99 and up within the continental USA.
Rogue Trader Elucia Vhane and her Starstriders seek to colonise new worlds at the behest of the Imperium’s mightiest leader. Their quest aims to travel far beyond the Chaos contamination that threatens to engulf Mankind. Yet nowhere is safe, for the twisted tendrils of corruption have followed them even beyond the borders of the Imperium. Can the Rogue Trader and the deadly specialists she has forged into a team defeat the hulking Vulgar Thrice-Cursed and his virulent band of mutated followers? Can the cutting edge of human skill match the loathsome gifts granted by the Dark Gods?
Kill Team: Rogue Trader is an expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, the fast-paced tabletop miniatures game pitting small bands of elite specialists against each other in vicious skirmish combat. This set adds 2 new factions, new environments, new missions and a host of new rules, allowing you to recreate desperate battles beyond the borders of known space.
This set contains 6 6-sided dice and 2 10-sided dice – the former used during games of Kill Team, the latter used to roll on certain tables when assembling your squad ready for combat. Themed to match the Elucidian Starstriders, these dice are grey with gold markings. The D6 feature the personal crest of noted Rogue Trader Elucia Vhane in place of the 6 and a Kill Team logo in place of the 1; the D10 feature a skull in place of the 1.
This set contains 6 6-sided dice and 2 10-sided dice – the former used during games of Kill Team, the latter used to roll on certain tables when assembling your squad ready for combat. Themed to represent the Gellerpox Infected, these dice are swirled purple and off-white, with purple markings. The D6 feature an icon of Nurgle in place of the 6 and a Kill Team logo in place of the 1; the D10 feature a skull in place of the 1.
Journey into the unknown with Rogue Trader Elucia Vhane as we introduce Rogue Trader, a new game that pits the crew of the starship New Dawn against the Gellerpox Infected – a terrifying Nurgle uprising. Not only do we have the full lowdown on this game, we also have The Battle of Pelennor Fields – a new boxed game for The Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game. It’s a packed issue and no mistake! Also included are the usual Battle Reports, painting guides and Designers’ Notes – all the hobby love you need in September:
• Planet Warhammer: All the latest releases from the Citadel Design Studio, Black Library and Forge World. Be prepared – there’s a lot of stuff to cover this month, from Rogue Traders to Titans.
• Contact: Send us your letters – we love to read what you have to say.
• Temporal Distort: The time portal sends us whirling back to 2001 and the start of one of the greatest adventures of all time…
• Getting Started With… Kharadron Overlords: Always abide by the Kharadron Code, beardlings! (Unless bending the rules increases profitability, of course.)
• Pushing the Boundaries: We travel to the very edge of Imperial space to talk to the talented chaps who came up with the rules and designed the miniatures for Kill team: Rogue Trader.
• The Master Architect: We are joined by scenery architect and all-round hobby hero Dave Andrews to talk about his time in the Design Studio.
• Return to Middle-earth: Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. Adam Troke explains all.
• Hall of Fame: Veteran miniatures designer Jes Goodwin has his say on what makes a great Citadel miniature.
• Battle Report – The Battle of Pelennor Fields: Beneath the walls of Minas Tirith, two mighty armies clash. But who will prevail in these dark times – Rohan or Mordor?
• Battle Report – The Wrath of Fenris: It’s a battle of vengeance this month as Simon and his Space Wolves take on Matt H and his Thousand Sons.
• The Ultimate Guide: Come with us on a journey to the Mortal Realms, where we tell the epic tale of the Realmgate Wars.
• Golden Demon: Warhammer 40,000: Three excellent entries from the Warhammer 40,000 Open Day 2017. This month: vehicles.
• Kit Bash: Kit Bash returns as we explore converting your Kill Teams.
• Fantastical Vistas: Remember we showed some great Warhammer Age of Sigmar dioramas last month? Well, we have six more to show you.
• Blanchitsu: Nicolas Grillet shares his evocative creations with us.
• Paint Splatter: This month, a king and a rotter. Stage-by-stage, just the way you like it.
• Readers’ Models: Six pages of excellent miniatures painted by you, our readers.
• In the Bunker: What have the Dwarfers been up to this month? Plus, a look back at our memories of Middle-earth.
And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!