Peteypab has all the biggest names for you to follow, lists and faction updates to get you ready to follow day 2 of the 40k Championships.
Before I begin don’t forget to head over to the BCP app to follow along with the media coverage of the event! Also check us out on Twitch and GW’s live stream.
Players to watch out for in day 2:
- Nick Nanavati: Nick is running a standard Dark Reaper spam Eldar list. He is currently Tony Grippando’s biggest challenge to an ITC champion finish and is one of the best players in the game right now. He also practices professional razorsharp preparation techniques. (image below)
- The gentleman listening to the competitive heartbeat of a free soul above is mister Bradley Nichols. Currently Brad is the second place player behind only Nick Nanavati. Although Brad doesn’t seriously have a bid to win the ITC championship (88th place) he is in second place destroying players with Tau Commander spam. An army thought long dead in the meta. Tau haven’t had a serious win in a large ITC event since the summer. They are also one of the underperforming factions of the edition according to facts (which you can listen to in this Chapter Tactics episode)
- Tyler Devries: The 3rd place seed (I promise I’m not going in order on purpose!) Tyler is taking sisters to an entirely new level. Specifically to levels that only having a Guard, and Blood Angels detachment will give you. Tyler is a phenomenal player and is running the kind of list that put him in contention for the ITC championship.
- Michael Brandt: The head of the NOVA foundation and the figurehead of the second largest 40k singles tournament (The NOVA Open) is running Guard with blood angels allies. This man is too busy to shoot for the ITC championship, however if he does well at the LVO he will have the honor of being the most talented player on the GW community playtest team (Until Frankie wins Adepticon of course).
- Mitchell Pelham: Currently has one of the best records in the ITC with over 20 wins and just a single loss in all of 8th edition. Something none of the other top 20 ITC players have. Mitchell is a force to be reckoned with, and rumor has it that his current list is undefeated. So far (in the LVO at least) it is. It’s also a very interesting list that features spamming a unit you don’t see too often.
- Brandon Grant: The Gentlemanly Android from San Diego himself. Brandon is running an interesting Dark Angels list, with Blood Angels allies, and he is playing some of the best 40k of his career right now. I think out of everyone in the top 20 in the ITC rankings Brandon is the safest pick to make the top 8. He is in a good points bracket, and is one of the most consistent players at major events.
With 50 players who still have an undefeated 3-0 record and another 15 players who are 2-0-1 fighting for a couple of top 8 spots there are certainly a lot of names I missed. This has to be one of the most star studded 40k tournaments ever, with plenty of previous top 8 finishers, tournament winners, and amazing players. The fact that excites me the most? Most of them are still in the hunt.
Here are just a few lists I pulled from the Best Coast Pairings player app that I thought you guys would find interesting