Ok before you freak out, because, you know, internet. This PSA isn’t about a major rules change or format change etc. Below you’ll find a video that’s a compilation of various reminders that have been made to the 40k community about the Las Vegas Open 2018 over the course of the last few weeks and months.
That wasn’t so bad now, was it? The biggest thing to be sure you do prior to arriving at the LVO 2018 is read through the Championship Missions packet! A few other notes not in the video:
- Bring your rules. This means a main Rule Book and any Indexes or Codices for units in your army. Battle Scribe is not a valid source for rules.
- Print out and bring relevant FAQs for your army, meaning all FAQs from factions found within your army.
- Don’t be late. Show up early even! There’s a lot of people to hang out with and plenty of alcohol that needs consuming, don’t be late.
- If you aren’t going to win a painting award, or if your army isn’t going to help your score towards Renaissance Man that much, skip the paint judging for the 40k Champs. The score(s) aren’t entered into your overall and in all honesty only the top tier paint jobs will have a shot at Renaissance Man and Best Painted.
- Call for a judge loudly! We may have some sort of system to get a hold of judges easier this year, but no promises on that!
- Bring glue! Your models will break at some point, especially if you’re checking your army bag.
- HAVE FUN!
Seriously on that last one ladies and gentlemen. Have fun, it’s a great time over all and getting to see a lot of my fellow 40k players who I normally can’t see any other time during the year is, in and of itself, worth the trip every time. See you in a few days!