Hey everyone, we’ve been getting some great feedback on the new ITC Champion’s Missions and here are a few changes we’re considering making but we’d love your feedback on them!
So, the general consensus has been extremely positive on them, which is great! We’ve gotten some neutral to negative feedback too of course (can’t please everyone) but generally speaking they’ve been very well received.
Here’s some of the main points of friction:
- Quite a bit of bookkeeping.
- But everyone also stated that after a few games this got to be a lot easier.
- A suggestion was made to streamline the score sheet a bit to make it easier to track secondaries by splitting that section in to two parts, 1 for each player. We think this is a great idea. Any other feedback to streamline the scoring process?
- Community Member Winterman has developed an even easier to use score sheet, check it out, here!
- It is hard to finish games.
- This was a big point of feedback but after looking at the data from SoCal Open and seeing that most games in fact were going to turn 5+ and hearing some very persuasive arguments to the contrary, have swayed back to staying at 6 turns. However, what do you all think? 5 turns or 6?
- We really like to incentivize players to speed up though, and it definitely worked! Players were notably playing faster.
- The mission 5 bonus point is too easy to score for some armies.
- This mission grants the bonus point for holding the center objective. Is this too easy to achieve? If so, what potential change should be made? Hold the center objective and your opponent’s objective was our first thought. What do you all think?
- Some of the overlapping secondaries make some units unattractive in these missions.
- The example thrown around was a Tank Commander giving up potentially 7 points. And, this is a good point. We want to encourage diversity, not discourage it. So, our thought was to apply the following modification: a unit chosen for Titanslayer or Kingslayer may not give up any other secondary mission points.
- Some very large units such as Kastellan Robots don’t give up any secondary points, but are very tough and do lots of damage.
- Again, good point. These big units should indeed trigger a bonus as they are not easy to take down. Our proposed solution was to create a new secondary mission: Gang Buster: choose an enemy unit comprised of multi-wound models. For every model with 4 or more wounds destroyed, or for every two models with 3 wounds destroyed, you earn 1 point.
- This gives you an option for taking on the killer Robots and other such tough units and earning secondary points for damaging them. Thoughts?
- Behind Enemy Lines is too hard to get.
- We found folks consistently underscored on this one or simply didn’t choose it. We were considering changing it to earn a point for Every turn you have more units within 12″ of your opponent’s deployment edge than they do. Thoughts?
Any other ideas or feedback? Thanks so much for being a part of the process.