Signals from the Frontline #562: Adeptus Mechanicus Arrives!

Join us for the live show on our Twitch channel by following this link! The show starts at 11am, PST. The podcast and YouTube video-cast air at 9am, PST every Friday.

Show Notes

Date: 9-20-17

Intro

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at a discount! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at store.FrontlineGaming.org.
  • You think Reecius’ T-Shirts are cool? Buy yours, here!

News

• Adeptus Mechanicus are here!
    • You can read a review of the codex, here.
    • Fluff background with the Raw Dogger.
    • Tactical discussion.
    • We’ve got a Video Bat Rep brewing between Reecius’ Scions and InControl’s new Admech! Tune in on Monday at 9am for that.

• And tonight, we’ve got a live game at 5pm PST on our Twitch Channel, InControl’s AdMech vs. Frankie’s Death Guard!

• The Horus Heresy series is finally approaching its zenith as the Siege of Terra comes in to focus. The series has been going for 11 years spanning 45 books! Can’t wait to see how they play this out.

• New Forgeworld doors for Blood Angels and Dark Angels.

• New Death Guard models on the way: Blightlord Terminators and Typhus. You can of course pre-order these bad boys in the FLG web-cart at a discount on Saturday, September 23rd.

• The new Firestorm Season of War campaign set for Age of Sigmar is coming. This gives you not only a very cool campaign to play, but some new rules for matched play with allied forces that have some pretty incredible abilities.

Upcoming ITC Events

6 Jarrett Zazuetta 379.77 4 of 5
7 Joshua Harvey 355.68 4 of 5
8 Tyler Hamil 351.58 4 of 5
9 DAVID ROGERS 340.71 4 of 5
10 Matthew Pashby 336.91 3 of 5

Completed Commissions

18 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline #562: Adeptus Mechanicus Arrives!”

1. rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 11:17 am

Best podcast. This is why Geoff is a professional entertainer.

AdMech are good. I, like most people, are upset because the bad units were completelly unchanged. Ruststalkers, Kataphrons, Servitors were crap and remained crap. Why?

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 11:24 am

*am -.-

Again, I love all the cool things in the codex like: Stygies and Lucius. But some things, like most of the artifacts, warlord traits and “bad units” are just a waste of space :/ Waiting for that FAQ to potentially save the units at least.

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 11:33 am

Also, what about that charging into ruins MsPaint question

Reecius September 20, 2017 11:50 am

Damn dude, hahaha. You have your foot all the way down on the gas.

Try playing the new dex before jumping to conclusions.

And I gave you an answer to that questions a while ago, buddy.

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 11:54 am

Question: yeah, but that answer meant nothing, according to everyone I showed it to. As it what “I think it is like this but I’ll check”. I pretty much got lynched after I showed that reply as “Official-ish”

Reecius September 20, 2017 12:23 pm

What would you like me to do in this case? You asked a question and I answered it to the best of my ability. Yes, we all concluded the answer that I gave you was the best interpretation. I can’t make GW officially answer it or what have you. That was the best I can do at this point.

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Just so there is 0 chance for misunderstanding. It is Bloodletters who are making the charge.

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks. That’s all I wanted. Just to make sure there was no misunderstanding. Sorry if you thought I was annoyed with you. Thanks again.

Reecius September 21, 2017 1:36 pm

happy to help =)

• Cephalobeard September 21, 2017 5:01 am

Translation: Chill out.

Lol..

2. Dbiesto September 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Give new codexes a chance before jumping to conclusions. There might be something missed, such as maybe a synergy ability or a needed battlefield role. Everyone still scratches their heads on some units until they see them in action, such as obliterators with random enhancements of D3 and losing long range are still insanely good at harrassment. Read all of the rules of the codex, not just the basis of a unit. Bloodletters should always charge.

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Well Obliterators are probably the hardest unit to evaluate. Ruststalkers on the other hand have no special rules at all. I have the math done here:

Even with their price cut in HALF, Ruststalkers are worse than conscripts in durability and comparable in damage. (Melee should do more than ranged, right?). Not to mention Conscripts being: troops(so obsec), having more bodies(take up more space and capture objetices), immune to morale (with comissar), can take orders and do shananigans.

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 10:05 pm

T – toughness
        S – save
        I – invul btw

value is max / pts. There are also average values, damage/pts values and so on but those are similar. And yes I counted in the explosions 6s

• rvd1ofakind September 20, 2017 10:30 pm

No “edit” makes me sad I have to “spam” comments.

I did this comparison because Geoff said they should be 50 pts cheaper (aka price cut in half). I thought: OK, that might be a bit too much, hehe. Guess I was dead wrong 🙁

3. Laurence Elliott September 21, 2017 12:24 am

It’s good to hear that strong defense is coming back. Hopefully should shake up the hyper-aggressive alpha strike meta a bit

4. iago40k September 21, 2017 4:56 am

great review as expected from InControl. Just a great dude and player.
    Love the codex, Mars and Stygies are soooo helpful and fun. Sadly no changes on Kataphrons, they are still way to expensive. Even at 50 pts per model for destroyers I wouldnt be sold on them, depends if the stratagems are really worth it (such as +1 save on objectives and eliminaton volley. I am not buying into the Agripinaa stratagem). Lets hope for an FAQ. Ruststalkers still suck as well, way to expensive for what they bring to the table. Rangers and Vanguard got down in points which is cool. Still have the feeling that we are using them because of their screening abilities not because they are good or are able to do a lot of useful things. Everything else looks great though.
    Personally I got several “solutions” for the different Forgeworlds but models with the same colour issue. I have not yet written a list where I share units between detachments. all Kastelans are Mars, all Dragoons are Stygies etc…I think this could work but I have to test it. Also, I got a huge load of decals, maybe it is possible to use them to differentiate.

• Threllen September 21, 2017 5:51 am

Depending on how much you care about your bases, that is one easy way to differentiate forgeworlds. For example, paint small colored bands on the vertical side of the base (doesn’t even have to go all the way around) where each color represents one Forgeworld. Don’t have to repaint your models or anything.

5. Astroth September 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Were can I find that terrain building tutorial?