GW Announced the next FIVE Codexes at NOVA and more awesome news!

Wow, they are not messing around. Also, we’ve got some change inbound with Chapter Approved.

So, the GW seminar at NOVA was awesome and extremely informative. They announced a slew of new releases inbound. Here are the next Codexes:

• Deathguard (which we knew)
  • AdMech (also known)
  • Tyranids (Huzzah!)
  • Astra Militarum
  • Craftworld Eldar

Oh Nelly, that is awesome and all of this before year end! Wow. I know a lot of folks were excited to see some Xenos in there and well, it’s coming.

Also, they spoke about Chapter Approved and what to expect, with new missions and rules for open play, narrative play and matched play as well as updated points for a lot of units in matched play including Forgeworld units, which most folks are agreeing, may need it the most (looking at you, Malefic Lord!). That is all great news and I cannot wait for the balancing effects this sweet book will bring us.

We also got previews of Necromunda! The minis are exceptional and we can expect to see several gangs coming out quickly. I will certainly be starting a gang!

Also, more news about Shadespire, and the game looks sweet. They revealed the new Destruction faction for the game which features Ironjawz. Lastly, there are new narrative driven AoS characters coming which are “free” to use so long as your opponent has one as well.

Can’t wait for all of these awesome releases to come out!

22 Responses to “GW Announced the next FIVE Codexes at NOVA and more awesome news!”

1. David Hayden September 5, 2017 2:05 pm #

I hope the Wraithseer gets a slight point reduction. Having played a half-dozen games with him now, I feel confident in saying that he’s good, but not 200 points good. Maybe 170. If he could cast Smite, I’d say the 200 points were worth it.

But I think Wraithlords in general are about 10-20 points too expensive.

Reecius September 5, 2017 4:02 pm #

A lot of Eldar units need a significant points reduction (but not Ynnari).

• David Hayden September 7, 2017 1:40 pm #

Truth.

I’d especially love to see Guardians drop by 10 and then not have to pay 5 just for the option of taking a special weapon. Drop Wraithlords by 20, or give them more wounds. And Wraithblades. And the poor Falcon.

Yvraine is fine, taking her points up to 140 would be reasonable. I haven’t played with the Yncarne, but he seems expensive. The Visarch seems expensive to me as well, but maybe I just don’t know what to do with him.

Reecius September 7, 2017 2:27 pm #

The Yncarne is fine, trust me, lol. She is crazy good.

• David Hayden September 7, 2017 2:40 pm

Guess I need to get her assembled and give her a spin. I’ve got an Ynnari tournament list, but I’ve only been using Yvraine.

Reecius September 7, 2017 2:55 pm

She rocks, too. I like the Yncarne because she hits like a truck and as she flies, can zoom up and cut a plane in half!

• David Hayden September 7, 2017 3:23 pm

Fitting her in a list is the tricky part when I’ve already got two Hemlocks, three units of Wraithguard, and one unit of Wraithblades. Maybe drop two Wraithlords and the Farseer. If she can make up for that, then she’s definitely boss.

2. Threllen September 5, 2017 2:22 pm #

Did they say the timeframe to get those codexes out? Their original announcement was 10 before the end of the year which means there should be another 2 added to this list by year’s end (these 5 + SM + GK + CSM = 8).

• Anon September 5, 2017 2:35 pm #

I thought it was “around 10” and not specifically 10?

3. Vilicate September 5, 2017 3:35 pm #

Man. I can’t wait to see what they do with Tyranids.

Reecius September 5, 2017 4:02 pm #

You will be very, very happy =)

• Luke September 5, 2017 5:24 pm #

Reece don’t hold out on us like that!!!

Reecius September 5, 2017 6:58 pm #

=P

• SideshowLucifer September 6, 2017 12:05 am

I’m already pretty happy with my Nids, anything else is just icing on the cake. Hopefully we will get something new. I want a new model to paint.

Reecius September 7, 2017 2:27 pm

You’re getting lots of icing! haha

• HM September 6, 2017 2:14 am #

I hope they will buff monsters and warriors so that they do not die easily

• J Ida September 6, 2017 4:04 am #

Didn’t you say the same thing about wyches :p

Reecius September 7, 2017 2:28 pm #

Yes, and stand behind that! Wyches are incredibly good, especially in the current meta. You just have to remember, they don’t kill things, they hold things in place.

• Dakkath September 8, 2017 3:56 am

Then they need to stop being fluffed/advertised as super killy and changed to being described as a tarpit.

4. Lardus September 6, 2017 12:33 am #

Wonder if we will get an actual Khorne Daemon Codex, or at least a Daemon Codex some time so my Khorne Army can maybe get closer to the enemy lol (I know you cannot divulge these things).

Just hope the Chapter Approved doesn’t “screw” me!

• Horton September 6, 2017 5:51 am #

I would love an AoS style Khorne codex!!!

5. Blue September 7, 2017 6:29 am #

Was hoping to see DE or orcs, I hope they start working some more on the timeline since we advanced 200 years sure there are some new hero’s to discover. Wonder how they handle harlequins and ynnari as well, can’t see a full codex for the limited amount of models.