Warhammer 40k Battle Report: Tau vs Orks

New format short form video bat rep and it looks great!

Reece’s List:

Hammerhead Heavy Support 117 1 117 Railgun, Smart Missile x2 78 1 78
Hammerhead Heavy Support 117 1 117 Railgun, Smart Missile x2 78 1 78
Blank Detachment Command Points 0 0
0 0
Totals     43 1172       823 1995
Command Points: 7       Detachments: 2

And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!

secondhandhsop

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

19 Responses to “Warhammer 40k Battle Report: Tau vs Orks”

1. Dakkath August 28, 2017 10:44 am #

Major props to Mariana, this was an awesome batrep. Loved the opening credits, the cinematic shot at the start, the salt cam, and of course the gameplay and commentary. I do appreciate the rundown of the lists both in the article and the video.

Reecius August 28, 2017 11:07 am #

Thanks, glad you liked it! She did indeed do a great job.

2. Threllen August 28, 2017 11:58 am #

Hey Reece,

I’m still noticing that when I go to an article for the first time it is filling someone else’s info in the name and mail and I have to replace it with my own.

Reecius August 28, 2017 1:00 pm #

Yes, I am working on finding a solution, it is very strange. Unfortunately, I was on the road all weekend becoming a godfather to my best buddy’s daughter. Well, that was awesome, but it meant I was gone all weekend and didn’t have time to look further into it.

3. nelson August 28, 2017 1:04 pm #

Best video batrep format i’ve seen yet. Fantastic job. I love the little features like the salt cam and end turn cut-scenes to show a 2nd angle. Also the bass jam starting in the 7th minute was much appreciated.

the narration of turns outside of the game is so much better than in-game narration. never look back.

Reecius August 28, 2017 1:30 pm #

Thank you very much, nelson! Kind words, and much appreciated. We will continue to produce them.

4. ivestar August 28, 2017 3:26 pm #

Nice bat rep…So good in fact that it has inspired me to comment (first in many a year). In my opinion the extra effort that goes into it is worth it. I’ve really missed your short forms (i have no idea who has the time to watch a full bat rep… and most of the key tactical stuff is lost in the size of a full report). I think that if you want to reach more people with your video content then this is by far and away the way to do it. Great work team… more of this please 🙂

PS: kudos for all your hard work over the years. Keep kicking ass and chewing gum.

Reecius August 29, 2017 7:37 am #

Thank you very much for the kind words and welcome back to commenting!

5. Amir Hayek
    Arabviking August 28, 2017 4:11 pm #

Nice battle report, short and neat. The 2.5 hour ones is also nice, but it is time-consuming..

Thanks for the hard work guys.

6. Mark Gottlieb August 29, 2017 5:00 am #

Great short-form bat-rep, but please don’t tell me this marks the end of the long-form bat-reps on Twitch? The pacing of full, higher level players, playing in real-time has absolutely been part of what elevated me to a more competitive player.

Reecius August 29, 2017 7:38 am #

Yeah, unfortunately due to staffing changes we have to cut back on the live games. We don’t have the manpower for it at present. Well, in this case, woman power!

7. Lardus August 29, 2017 6:20 am #

Should have put a tear on the poor little Gork’s eye when the sad music played 😛
    Salt cam was EPIC haha

8. winterman August 29, 2017 9:45 am #

Love the short form bat reps. Perfect for watching on my smart TV while drinking some coffee. Hope these keep coming despite the changes in personnel and such

One suggestion. You need a sound effect of a bus wooshing in and picking up people to throw in from time to time to get us that old school Martinez feel.

Reecius August 29, 2017 11:41 am #

lololol, that would be comedy gold!

9. Asmeralda August 29, 2017 6:47 pm #

Salt Cam is legit……great Rep. Enjoyed the strategy explained in the game. Also like Frankie’s offer to join the greater good which we know no “Propa” Ork would ever join. keep up the good work.

10. iago40k August 29, 2017 11:00 pm #

That is some high quality batrep. Nicely done. Like the strategy bit as well as the layer work on the battle field.
    Although I really enjoy the long Battle Reports more. It gives me a chance to listen to people playing while actually doing some hobbying. This is great for some mobile 40k action during lunchbreak though 🙂

11. Dotification September 1, 2017 7:54 am #

this is the first bat-rep that I’ve had time to watch in eons, and I wanted to say that I really enjoyed the aesthetics and the format, including the “salt cam” hehe. Reecius; are there any changes that you could make to your list to make it more competitive, like maybe finding points for Grots to hold your back-line better??